Steel Penguins braying

Started by Steel Penguin, June 22, 2013, 01:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Steel Penguin on July 05, 2023, 12:13:48 PMAs a quick straw poll, has anyone had the latest issue of the IPMS magazine?  it was supposed to be out mid / late June, and as were closing in on the end of the 1st week of July i was wondering if ive missed mine, or its a general thing???

If we're talking Issue 3 ? Then I haven't got mine yet either.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

scooter

Quote from: zenrat on July 06, 2023, 04:18:11 AM
Quote from: Steel Penguin on July 05, 2023, 12:13:48 PM...My Tamiya dragon wagon,  ive been collecting ramage to hang on for years, as im doing someones post war  retirement project with it,  so the extras will include things like oxycetaline cutting gear, a stereo / cd system, fridge etc, and i have to make certain i leave the trailer clear for the load, said retires boat, the Tamiya PIBBER i got for the purpose,  need to add the traditional extras, surf board, another stereo,  a 200L drum cut in half as a barbi  ;D   fishing rods, scuba gear,  lots of drink bottles, etc etc  i may even leave the guns on  :unsure:  for " sport hunting" 

That sounds very cool.  What period are you thinking? 70's?  80's? 90's?
I'm thinking the wagon would probly have been re-engined.

What would you hunt with the twin 50's in the front turret?  :unsure:

Post apocalypse mutants
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Steel Penguin

boar, crocs, emu,  for hunting of
 but probably period agnostic as much as possible,  the more elbow room i have, the more fun i can have....   this is a for the fun! build. :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Rick Lowe

Quote from: zenrat on July 06, 2023, 04:18:11 AM
Quote from: Steel Penguin on July 05, 2023, 12:13:48 PM...My Tamiya dragon wagon,  ive been collecting ramage to hang on for years, as im doing someones post war  retirement project with it,  so the extras will include things like oxycetaline cutting gear, a stereo / cd system, fridge etc, and i have to make certain i leave the trailer clear for the load, said retires boat, the Tamiya PIBBER i got for the purpose,  need to add the traditional extras, surf board, another stereo,  a 200L drum cut in half as a barbi  ;D  fishing rods, scuba gear,  lots of drink bottles, etc etc  i may even leave the guns on  :unsure:  for " sport hunting" 

That sounds very cool.  What period are you thinking? 70's?  80's? 90's?
I'm thinking the wagon would probly have been re-engined.

What would you hunt with the twin 50's in the front turret?  :unsure:

Anything that happened to wander into your sight picture... or was in the general vicinity - say out to a mile or so...  ;D

zenrat

Quote from: Steel Penguin on July 06, 2023, 09:54:09 AMboar, crocs, emu,  for hunting of
 but probably period agnostic as much as possible,  the more elbow room i have, the more fun i can have....   this is a for the fun! build. :thumbsup:

I was thinking that the chosen period is going to affect the hifi equipment.  Do you go for 8 track, cassette, CD, or bluetooth?

Eduard do a PE set for the Pibber which includes a radio cassette player and cassettes.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 06, 2023, 05:54:36 AM
Quote from: Steel Penguin on July 05, 2023, 12:13:48 PMAs a quick straw poll, has anyone had the latest issue of the IPMS magazine?  it was supposed to be out mid / late June, and as were closing in on the end of the 1st week of July i was wondering if ive missed mine, or its a general thing???

If we're talking Issue 3 ? Then I haven't got mine yet either.

Apparently it's just been posted.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

That one I got must have been a VERY late issue #2!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

TBH, I'd not miss it.  I'd much prefer it was sent electronically and save on the membership fee.  It really is a pointless waste of paper and ink,.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Steel Penguin

Zebrat.  Cassette / CD / MP3  for time period  ;D   and i admit that the etch set you mention is a possibility just for the music parts.

Narses  thank youi was wondering if id had a back luck incident and not got mine.  :thumbsup: 
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 

Steel Penguin

answers  sweet answers
My IPMS mag has arrived, if nothing else it has an article on someones scrapbashed space 1999 cargo hauler that looks very nice... i will read it over lunch at work

and once again tanks and me dont agree,  ive cut 3 of the handles for the rear deck plates, and lost 2 so far, so im having to bend wire ones as i go  :angry:     onwards   i may have to mate a pattern by drilling a couple of holes in a piece of resin sprue if any more go.

Steel Penguin

more little fiddly bits, engine hatch handles, and hinges, all small enough to be a fiddle with my pudgy fingers, and less than perfect eyes,  but progress of the forward kind.

Read through the IPMS mag, the space 1999 cargo ship is a nice reuse of old parts and it passed an hour or so with the rest.

Steel Penguin

in other news.  off this week  :thumbsup:
and managed to make my demi century  ;D
apparently im now old enough to know better   :banghead:   

NARSES2

Quote from: Steel Penguin on July 26, 2023, 12:25:49 PMand managed to make my demi century  ;D

Anthropologists have now discovered that that only applies to the female of the species, although it doesn't stop them trying to apply it to the male.  ;)

Happy B/Day mate  :thumbsup:

Rheged

Quote from: Steel Penguin on July 26, 2023, 12:25:49 PMin other news.  off this week  :thumbsup:

Congratulations!!    A week off and  50  years of undiscovered misbehaviour.   Enjoy!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Rheged on July 27, 2023, 02:39:50 AM
Quote from: Steel Penguin on July 26, 2023, 12:25:49 PMin other news.  off this week  :thumbsup:
apparently im now old enough to know better  :banghead:   

Congratulations!!    A week off and  50  years of undiscovered misbehaviour.  Enjoy!

Ditto.

And there's the old saying of 'Old enough to know better, Young enough to do it again.'...