Steel Penguins braying

Started by Steel Penguin, June 22, 2013, 01:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

As far as I'm concerned, you can listen to whatever you like as long as you don't inflict it on me.  I do however regard Country and Western as a crime against Humanity, whilst I also want Ed Sheeran* put out of my misery, preferably something involving a sandblaster, chilli flakes,  salt, vinegar and an industrial cheese grater.

*I'd also add his Poundland knock off Lewis Capaldi, but he's had the good grace to retire.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Steel Penguin

in a fit of indecision,  i have fallen back on the easy and prepared, so another 12 28mm 80 brits are on the table being painted.  its is relaxing due to the hands following the empty mind of having done so many.  :o  :-X
The AV6 is done and now needs varnishing ( the weekend)   :thumbsup:
and ive emptied a couple of the paints that i picked up in September so i have clean tamiya  pots for when i mix up something so result there as well. :lol:

the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Steel Penguin

AV6 is varnished as is the base ( old CD with gravel and filler to give it strength and stability)  ill need to touch gloss varnish the canopy and windows,

5 models

got some primer on another couple of pipe stacks  and  have 9 of the infantry in flesh and the base of XF 57 Buff, so happily poddling along on them as well  :thumbsup: still trying to work out the next thing, i am certain something will jump out of the stash at me  ;D
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 

NARSES2

Quote from: Steel Penguin on January 27, 2024, 03:21:00 AMAV6 is varnished as is the base ( old CD with gravel and filler to give it strength and stability)

What happens if you suddenly discover how rare and valuable this CD is  :wacko:  Or I assume it's just an old "blank" one ?  ;)

Quote from: Steel Penguin on January 27, 2024, 03:21:00 AMstill trying to work out the next thing, i am certain something will jump out of the stash at me  ;D

Things normally do  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rick Lowe

Or a pile falls on you, and as you're restacking it, you think 'Ooh...'

Steel Penguin

went to the Womborne club yesterday and had a chat,  :thumbsup:   and started getting green on the DPM for the brits, and ink on the pipe stacks id sprayed up :)  quiet day today and for the next week as im off,  ahhhhh
plans include repainting the sheds if its a dry day, possibly a trip to cosford, and more painting and gluing.  Nothing earth shattering or essential for the defence of the free world, but soothing to the mind and relaxing for the psyche.  :mellow:

Rick Lowe

Which is what days off are supposed to be.

Pellson

Lazy days are the best days. I still think I deserve retirement like..yesterday..  :angel:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Steel Penguin

you and me both Pellson  :banghead:  you and me both  ;D

Steel Penguin

little more paint on and ive managed to find a Sloppy Jallopy FV432  1:56 scale  ( the small end of 28mm wargames scale)  it will be for my Berlin Brigade 80s Brits ( again) as ive got others from that company in that scheme,  if i do any of my Empress ones they will be in the normal BAOR green / black  as they are different scales ( 1:50) and it is visible even at tabletop ranges :(
also went for a walk today for an hour, and feel good for doing it, it was nice to walk up the local reclaimed railway line / cycle-path.  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Quote from: Steel Penguin on February 05, 2024, 01:21:07 PMalso went for a walk today for an hour, and feel good for doing it, it was nice to walk up the local reclaimed railway line / cycle-path.  :thumbsup:

They can make really nice, compact urban wildlife walks  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Steel Penguin

a little more gluing and painting this morning,  went to Cosford this  afternoon, i wanted a visit, thought i could get a few pics opf the Tornado and the Gr5?/7? Harrier as well as a few more of the EAP, except they've moved stuff round, and removed things, there is more space in the top 2 and bottom hanger, but they arnt laid out any better and im certain that its more than those 2 air frames that are missing  :banghead:   drat, on top of the parking fee, rather disappointing.

Steel Penguin

the 432 is together and undercoated ( white)  saves on the 1/3rd of the berlin block scheme, the track area is being blocked in in black so going well  :thumbsup:    the brown is on all 12 infantry, with 3 of them having the black for boots, camo and equipment added.

Steel Penguin

all 12 infantry are done, and im slowly grey blocking the 432.

12 figures 5 models

looking good so far :thumbsup:

NARSES2