Steel Penguins braying

Started by Steel Penguin, June 22, 2013, 01:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steel Penguin

hand firmly on head for it   ;D
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Steel Penguin

the grey is finished  yay  :o   there are time i wonder the foolishness of starting this project,  then i see it en-mas and realise that it is visually something else.  The brown is being done now so progressing still.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 

NARSES2

Quote from: Steel Penguin on February 18, 2024, 06:03:03 AMthe grey is finished  yay  :o   there are time i wonder the foolishness of starting this project,  then i see it en-mas and realise that it is visually something else.  The brown is being done now so progressing still.

What it's all about mate  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Steel Penguin

432 is done, the ink on the engine grill is now drying and its already super glued to its base.   varnish will be tomorrow ( i hope)

12 figures   6 models.

err next!  :unsure:

Steel Penguin

well it rained last night so meh!,  so i varnished tonight instead, and also sprayed the 2 pipe stack id finished, so i can add 2 pieces of scenery as well.   yay!

12 figures, 2 pieces of scenery, 6 models.

a veritable cornucopia of output.   ;D    still not certain whats next though

kerick

We need pics of all this wonder!!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Steel Penguin

and low what model through younder stash doth break,   tis the last of the primed 80s brits, and they do contain gun teams,  10 single base infantry, a 2 man bren team, a 2 man GPMG team and a 3 man GPMG team at that.   after these are done  i will have to start cleaning up the Milan, Mortar and GPMG teams   :thumbsup:

Steel Penguin

the troops are all base coated and inked, im now drybrushing them,  im going to have to think what i want too take to the Aldersly show in a couple of weeks, and then pull it out and I.R.A.N    it may be a bit of a mess, as i think itll be the recently done Tamiya Chieftain, and the franken TAM that i made from the old one and the Marder kit ( and note to self must try to get another tamiya early model Marder to replace that one)  probably also include some wargames stuff  80s brits, and possibly some odds and ends  pulp / victoriana/  my GW eternal champion set.  not certain what else ...

And ill be keeping an eye out for any bargains wile im there again, i dought itll match last years finds but i can hope.!

Steel Penguin

i am now on hols  :thumbsup:   i have 4 day weekends for the rest of the month ( full weeks in April are going to be murder after getting used to this  :banghead: )
i was going to continue on with something witty and pithy, bit has utterly slipped my mind as i started typing  :banghead:  :banghead:
ahh well it cant have been essential for the defence of the free world,  if and when i remember ill add it here.....

Steel Penguin

things are packed for sunday,  28MM stuff mainly  with a couple of larger scale figures.  when i realised that i wasnt going 1:35 mad ( chally 2, desert chally, euro chally 1, chieftain, cent ) it becare rather easyer to decide and pack. :thumbsup:    and if i decide to take the tanks i can add them easily to carry as well.

Steel Penguin

the above  5 tanks have been packed in an available box in addition to the franken TAM  so i feel a little less "under modelled"   :unsure:   plus ive pace some liquid poly, superglue tweezers and a knife into an old (clean) marge tub in case onsite repair is needed. :thumbsup:

Steel Penguin

back after a good day,  had a couple of people stop and comment on the Berlin camoed vehicles ( one asked if the cent AVRE was correct and when i explained it was my add on he asked if i knew it was the wrong mark for the AVRE as hed worked on them, and was more than happy with my explanation of that was the only version you could get at that scale so had to be the one i used  :thumbsup:  and seemed to like the Saladin in that scheme) and the franken TAM made a few double check, and both the reasons for it got good response,  it a post WW 3 build from what the local troops had on hand and usable, and the  fact that both of the donor kit were over 30 years old and had done multiple house moves and were no longer repairable, so they became salvageable .

there were plenty of other things around, figures, tanks planes ships sea, and space and some of the Demo games were beautiful, the Samurai game had cherry trees in blossom and plenty of the small callouts that said where and when,  there was a WW2 game set in very crowded French streets where the houses just screamed  elegance, and one Gent running a Warhammer 40000 version of Rourkes drift, with a Garrison of red coated Imperial Guard against Orks "thousands of em, thick as grass"  who when i did the appropriate film quote,  fell into an easy explanation and if i wasn't on a table i could have watched play with a smile on my face.

Tired but very happy to have spent the day well.  ;D

NARSES2

Quote from: Steel Penguin on March 17, 2024, 10:26:16 AMTired but very happy to have spent the day well.  ;D

Sounds like a cracking day mate  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Steel Penguin

the Trumpeter Challenger 2 ended up with the main gun coming astray on the way home,  so was reglued as its expected to have at least one small incident,  then i went to put it away this evening as i turned the turret to get the angle so itll sit in the cabinet, the entire gun mount broke off  grr!  :banghead:   so thats been reglued and in now setting.  i will have to put it away tomorrow

not too sure what the next thing will be after that.

NARSES2

At least you didn't loose parts mate  :thumbsup: