Steel Penguins braying

Started by Steel Penguin, June 22, 2013, 01:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steel Penguin

dont know if anyone will be bothered  / want too attend but ill put this here as opposed to the events page.

THE NEXT WARBOOT/SWAPMEET AND MEET UP IS ON 5th May 2024 Tabletop organised by Ryan (THESE ARE NO ORDINARY TABLETOP SALES THEY ARE WARGAMES SPECIFIC). Venue is Penkridge on a Sunday morning TABLETOP 9am until 1.30pm at the Peace Memorial Hall, Pinfold Lane, Penkridge ST19 5AP. FREE LOCAL ON STREET parking is readily available

i as normal will have some wargames / RPG stuff im (still) trying to shift,  Mrs SP will have FTC leather crafts  for wallets, dice trays, pouches, belts and stuff!

the things that can be found are very variable, generaly a goodly amount of 2nd hand games workshop, and 3d printed scenery,  then it goes to luck, normally theres some battletech, and plenty of things like osprey books, and people selling 1:72 and and a little 1:48 stuff.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Steel Penguin

managed to sell some of the unwanted lead this morning,  yay!
this afternoon has been slow and relaxing, though the mortar team is now finished, on the base and flocked, itll dry and be varnished later tonight or tomorrow morning.  Ive started on on of the MILAN teams now ove found wile ploughing through the pile o stuff on the desk, 2 metal GW sisters of battle, seraphim figures , so theyve been assembled and will be undercoated along with the missile team.  Wile i was up in the loft getting down the sales for today i had a ahh moment, it seems i have a couple more M113s than i thought, ive got an ACAV under the work desk, and though i had a single other with some Vietnamese civilians with it, turns out iv at least one other which i think is the flame thrower version, and the Australian FSV version as well.......  better than i thought. 
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 

kerick

Lots of stuff to build! Better get cracking!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Steel Penguin

dont i know it.....  I may have to make it another line in " the grand plan"
a copy of each armoured vehicle that the UKs used, ( im still working backwards of the tanks at the mo )
a line of different M113s.  the Lance launch set can go in both... score.  :thumbsup:

kerick

I shouldn't talk. I'm trying to plow through some half finished builds that deserve to be completed.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Steel Penguin

with the mortar team done  3 figures, the tube, some ready bombs and a pile of transport tubes varnished on a 60mm base this years score becomes

32 figures, 2 pieces of scenery, 6 models.

the stuff mentioned above has been undercoated so will be started now.  :thumbsup:
and everything from yesterday is now back in the loft , so that job is done as well.

Wardukw

I just brought a Tamiya figure set of the U.S. Infantry Scout Set ...just so I can hack em up to build three figures  :wacko:
$30 nz spent just for 3 figures  :o
What's the world coming to  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Steel Penguin

five into three when converting is a fairly good ration i say  ;)
is it a major change in roles, or just a quick swap round so that they look a little different ?

Wardukw

Quote from: Steel Penguin on May 06, 2024, 02:04:37 AMfive into three when converting is a fairly good ration i say  ;)
is it a major change in roles, or just a quick swap round so that they look a little different ?
Well one figure will be as is ..he's a guy just standing there with a BAR looking on ...there's two other blokes ..one with a radio and the other on one knee looking to the right..im gonna combine these two ...I like the way the dude on one knee is kneeling and using the upper torso from the radio guy will give me what I have in mind ..though things can change 😆
It's also possible I'll change things once I have the set in my hands..radio dude might end up standing using the walkie-talkie instead..will possibly work better for the diorama...but we'll see 👀 😉
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Steel Penguin

the MILAN team is done, ( 2 crew 1 launcher =3 figures)  it just needs varnishing, and so is the MB Thunder Spirit, ( ell the feathers and shield have been left off as trying to get scale feathers to look good is a hiding to nothing as far as im concerned ), another 5 pipe stack is done as well,  ill have to work out how many of theses i want and then see if any will sell at the wargames tabletop sales in the future.

35 figures 3 pieces of scenery and  7 models

Steel Penguin

after getting things varnished this morning, ive got the second of the SF GPMG teams out cleaned up and together,  ive managed to get one of the legs on the tripod upside down  :(  but at this scale once its in a flocked base itll be invisible  :thumbsup:  ive  then got 2 mortar teams and 5 more milans too do .
I did pull out the 1:72 Lightning and Draken kits  and realised the wing tips from the draken are massively smaller than the Lightnings wings, so that will need more thought,  and then realised the wings on the Tornado in the same box are smaller than the lightnings as well.  Id always thought that the Lightning had rather small wings comparisonly ...   Shows what not fact checking can do.

NARSES2

Quote from: Steel Penguin on May 19, 2024, 04:49:12 AMId always thought that the Lightning had rather small wings comparisonly ...   Shows what not fact checking can do.

I think it's the angle they sweep back at that MAKE the Lightning's wings look on the small side.  It's not got that great a span really  :unsure:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 20, 2024, 05:32:27 AMI think it's the angle they sweep back at that MAKE the Lightning's wings look on the small side.  It's not got that great a span really  :unsure:

Span vs. Area. Deltas can be the same.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rick Lowe on May 20, 2024, 10:24:06 PMSpan vs. Area. Deltas can be the same.

A Lightning IS almost a delta.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Steel Penguin

its a hulking brute of an almost a delta at that.   i hadn't realised how big it was compared to the draken and tonka till i tried to do the wing  comparison......

the GPMG team is progressing slowly, ive got the buff base coat on and the troops have been inked to give depth.