Steel Penguins braying

Started by Steel Penguin, June 22, 2013, 01:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Lowe

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 29, 2024, 07:00:17 AM
Quote from: kerick on July 29, 2024, 06:57:58 AMReminds me of the time I ended up in a cardiac wing with four nurses that had to be just out of college and cute as a button. One was actually fluffing my pillow. My sister and my wife were in the room so I had to behave....

That immediately brings to mind a Carry On Nurse, or Doctor film and Sid James' first sight of nurse Barbera Windsor  :angel:  ;D

I can imagine... no-one did it better than Sid...  ;D

Charlie_c67

Anyone bring in any daffodils while you were in?  :wacko:
"If you've never seen an elephant ski, then you've never been on acid."

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Steel Penguin

after a chunk of missing Mojo,  ive managed to finish another 2 of the explorers so again on the windowsill waiting for varnish as the sand on the base drys.

73 figures 4 pieces of scenery and  10 models.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Steel Penguin

the last 3 of the explores are done so im happy to have cleared them from the desk

76 figures 4 pieces of scenery and  10 models.

ive got the airfix sea harrier that got bird stuck a few years ago on the desk,  the spine is reglueing and the drop tanks on the internal pylons  re attached  ill be pulling the wheels back on as deployed than ill put a piece of glue soaked tissue paper across the front of the pit where the front glazing was.  i can scratch some supports / scaffolding from sprue and have it as a air-frame under repair / investigation/ hidden away at the back, for wargaming.
hopefully i can get the pilot out of the pit as well.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Steel Penguin on August 11, 2024, 10:55:50 AMhopefully i can get the pilot out of the pit as well.

A good set of needle-nose pliers... you can always put a replacement bang seat in...

Steel Penguin

all of the recently finished stuff is now varnished.  The pilot easily came out of the tub  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:   a quick flick with the tip of my craft knife between back and seat,  ;D   ive the rear wheels on an things are going shiny at the mo!

so happily carrying on and thinking.

Steel Penguin

i have hit a tiny problem,  id mentioned above i was going to put a tissue paper tarp over the cockpit ,  and tried to do it the way i thought it went,  take tissue paper, paint then lay over and paint on watered PVA,  that didnt work,  tissue paper either broke up or just stuck to  the tile i use for a paint pallet,   so i have to ask, am i going the wrong way,  should it be paper over area, then PVA then paint?    :unsure:   an enquiring mind needs to know.

PR19_Kit

That's what I've done when putting tarpaulins over clay wagons for model railways.  Once the PVA's dried the tissue is set solid and ready for paint.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kerick

Brush on the thinned PVA glue over the tissue paper then place it over the object you want to cover. I like to use an over sized piece of paper then trim it when dry. When the PVA is dry paint to your hearts content.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Rick Lowe

And the PVA'd part should peel off easily, should you want to trim & paint it off the model.

Steel Penguin

thank you folks,  trying to do it in the wrong order!  :thumbsup:

zenrat

I dip tissue in thinned PVA and then drape it over the thing to be covered.  I feel it is less likely to tear this way compared to brushing on the PVA.
I find it shrinks a lot as it dries which works well if making a tonneau cover.
Doesn't work so well if attempting to make a convertible up top on a styrene rod frame as the shrinkage will distort the rods you have spent hours carefully heating and bending into shape...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

I drip the PVA on the tissue with a plastic pipette, it goes exactly where I want it to then.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Steel Penguin

the harrier is on hold ...   i was drilling out one of the wing tip wheel mounts  and the plane sliped and dived,  so not only did it break parts off again, the drill bit snapped as well, and i got spiked by the shank.... :banghead:

put it all back on the desk,  bag and bin the broken bit... sit and relax a wile.