Steel Penguins braying

Started by Steel Penguin, June 22, 2013, 01:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Lowe

Ouch, I feel your pain... and having done similar, I mean that literally.

Yeah, sometimes you have to do that, rather than flinging it at the wall.

Those times, you just have to move onto something easier and try again later.
Easy to say, especially when progress is being made and the end is in sight, but better than spoiling it by getting sanguinary-minded.  :thumbsup:

kerick

I seem to be getting shaky fingers at times. Sometimes I just have to go do something else for a while before I drop or break things.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Quote from: Steel Penguin on August 15, 2024, 11:55:05 AMthe harrier is on hold ...  i was drilling out one of the wing tip wheel mounts  and the plane sliped and dived,  so not only did it break parts off again, the drill bit snapped as well, and i got spiked by the shank.... :banghead:

put it all back on the desk,  bag and bin the broken bit... sit and relax a wile.

Indeed. Hope you cleaned the wound out ok, they can be nasty.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: kerick on August 15, 2024, 09:03:42 PMI seem to be getting shaky fingers at times. Sometimes I just have to go do something else for a while before I drop or break things.

I know how it feels. Most I can do is about 90 minutes nowadays  and then I need to take a break. If it gets consistent then I'd advise checking with a Dr. I had to in the end  :-\
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 16, 2024, 05:27:47 AM
Quote from: kerick on August 15, 2024, 09:03:42 PMI seem to be getting shaky fingers at times. Sometimes I just have to go do something else for a while before I drop or break things.

I know how it feels. Most I can do is about 90 minutes nowadays  and then I need to take a break. If it gets consistent then I'd advise checking with a Dr. I had to in the end  :-\

It's probably some med I'm taking. God knows it's quite an assortment.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Steel Penguin

the Harrier gone to the bin,  i started on re-re-repairing and more bits have vanished to the carpet monster,  and just  :banghead:   so ive stripped some more usable bits off of it and the rest are so degraded they not worth keeping.

still its cleared some space, and i can Start something else  as opposed to just patching.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Rick Lowe

Sometimes a blank canvas is better for your mental health and low frustration levels than trying to save something.

PR19_Kit

And sometimes it's even more fun to STAMP on the damn thing!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Steel Penguin

not quite Kit  torn apart with my bare hands  :thumbsup:    after all the tilting exhausts are things that are really reusable.
and wile tidying up ive found a power generator dome from the Kryomeck range that is now finished and put away, and a late 80s space marine land speeder ( the all metal type)  https://www.youtube.com/shorts/dER2KopF7s4  that is cleaned up and 70% done, another easy win,  and some black scorpion pirates  that i think will be after that.  ;D
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 

Steel Penguin

ive just come from a small ( ouch ) order from Accurate armour as they are shutting down,  the news has concentrated the mind wonderfully  :banghead:
hopefully they will be able to produce and deliver in the normally short amount of time they have with every other order ive made in the past,  but i can see them being rather busy as people order that thing theyve been putting off..  but this is where i do as i mentioned in Seadudes aircraft carrier thread and say " stuff it" and go tonto, ive money put away for stuff and things, and i know from prior experience if i dont get it now, ill never see them again and will regret not doing so,  ( see my comment prior regarding not getting enough academy or kit tech 1:48 challengers when they were a lot cheaper, )   and knowing that i got the 1:48 airfix warriors wile i could as they have now evaporated.

welp..... Mrs SP is fully aware,  other toys will have to go on the back burner, and at a guess i will not be getting a lot at Telford this year ( well unless i see a 1:48 Concorde cheap   :o  :wacko:  )

NARSES2

Yup, get things now before they go through the roof in 2025  :thumbsup:

Steel Penguin

so in between waiting for the AA order   yep a touch inpatient and knowing ive got to wait for them to produce stuff, still  i dont wait welll
And not going to the Wombourne show due to feeling less than 100%   an 8 till 4:30 day involving helping traders set up, and take down would have utterly wrecked me, as a 100 yards walk had me short of breath and overheating....  so its a cold or something close, ive started on one of the Empress Landys with Wombat  recoil less rifle   progress is slow due to the fact that more than 30 seconds of concentration is hard work, and im having to try to pre plan everything in my minds eye so i can still get the crew in the front after the doors are on and the steering wheel is in place, ( or possibly not)  and work out how to assemble the bag of bits that is the wombat.

Rick Lowe

Would attaching the steering wheel to the driver and slotting them both in as a sub-assembly work?
It did for my WAAF in the Woodie.

Steel Penguin

not too shure that it would due to the slack and wobble in adding the figure, but its an idea and will be looked at in greater depth.

Rick Lowe

Options are useful -
happy if I can have helped. :thumbsup: