Steel Penguins braying

Started by Steel Penguin, June 22, 2013, 01:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

45.....ah, the memories  ;)

Nah, happy birthday mate  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Steel Penguin

TY Narses,  im hoping that the rest of this year gives some better ones  :thumbsup:

the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

scooter

As someone who also turned 45 this year, its all down hill now. :wacko:

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Steel Penguin

scooter , yup sounds like my career
I have one in the dictionary sense
I am proceeding downhill, at ever increasing speeds, wile waving wildly from side to side   ;D

the chally is mostly together, ( all major sub assembly's done  :thumbsup: ) its out in the shed after and encounter with a couple of spray cans  yay ! undercoating.

im getting somewhere
the age of miracles is not yet over.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 

Steel Penguin

starting to get green on the tank, after a brief panic, where I couldn't find the right tub of paint, then thought it was nearly empty, and had to find another pot out of deep storage  :banghead:
getting there  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Quote from: Steel Penguin on July 29, 2018, 04:16:11 AM
starting to get green on the tank, after a brief panic, where I couldn't find the right tub of paint, then thought it was nearly empty,

Thought I was in the same boat last week, but like you found a tub of what was needed hiding at the back  :thumbsup: Real problem for me is that apart from Games Workshop my nearest supplier for model paints (those that I use anyway) is the Big H at Colindale which is about 20 miles and 2 trains and a hike  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Steel Penguin

my nearest Tamiya dealer is Hobbycraft, on the other side of town, in a retail park, that's usually really crowded.
my dealer of choice is in Jewellery quarter ( Parabellem) and isn't open sundays, and is =/= 45 mins each way by foot, bus, tram,  so I can empathise.
im eating lunch, and asking questions regarding Merit models wile waiting for the paint to dry atm,  by the way if any one the answer to said question, ????

Steel Penguin

another day in Monmouth, and coming home along the M5 had one of those moments you NEVER wants to see on a motorway matrix sign.
speed limit at 30MPH and the instructions, DANGER ONCOMING VEHICLE
I ( fortunately) was just getting off at Worcester north.  but rather terrifying.

PR19_Kit

At about the same spot on Friday there was an umpteen vehicle pile up that stopped me and everyone else for well over an hour. The Police cleared us off the M5 at the Worcs jct. and pointed us round the island down the other side of the jct, and past the crash.

There's something about the M5 in the summer, it's just NOT worth trying it either direction. I came home via the A46 this evening as a result.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 05, 2018, 01:37:30 PM
There's something about the M5 in the summer, it's just NOT worth trying it either direction. I came home via the A46 this evening as a result.

Much can be said about the Garden State Parkway between Perth Amboy and LBI.  When I used to live upstate, I avoided it as much as I could during the summer, usually backroading through the Pine Barrens to get to the Turnpike.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

NARSES2

Quote from: Steel Penguin on August 05, 2018, 11:08:03 AM
another day in Monmouth, and coming home along the M5 had one of those moments you NEVER wants to see on a motorway matrix sign.
speed limit at 30MPH and the instructions, DANGER ONCOMING VEHICLE

What was it ? Any idea ?

Steel Penguin

had a look on the bbc site when I got home but no news, so aside from the sign im in the dark  :banghead:

Kit, I tend to use the M5 south if I can get on it early, its usually reasonably quiet, but hate the M4-M5 interchange north of Bristol, and will avoid it ( and the M5 between there and Weston super mare) like the plague its just not worth the hassle,  north bound large chunks of it above that junction is 50MPH and average speed cameras, ( which I can cope with) then the outskirts of Brum go to 30!  it feels like I could get out and walk quicker!   So I get off there and head up the A449 through kiddy and home, its a good road that has long chunks of 50mph semi dual carriageway.  :thumbsup:
I view news of prolonged road works round the west midlands with dread and cynicism.

Steel Penguin

welp another post in the wanting the year over line im afraid.

As has been mentioned above, Stroppy came to stay when mum in law moved up here, and was adopted when she passed away,  She has been getting thinner and thinner despite eating well, and over the last month lost  half a kilo from her 2.5 kilo body weight,  despite steroids and ensuring that plenty of the favourite food was available,   she didn't come home from the vets with us tonight, of the cats weve lost this was perhaps the hardest, as wile her body was fading her mind was still sharp, and part of me didn't want to let her go,  despite knowing that any more weight loss would just be letting her slowly starve.
part of me wants to put on a very loud set of music, and drink far far too much, but A ive work tomorrow, and B ( and more importantly) Mrs SP is as bad as I am and needs me sober and vaguely capable far more right now.
the other 3 kittys are likely to get seriously fussed if they come within arms reach tonight.

zenrat

What can I say?
Your words convey your loss.  You have my deepest commiserations.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Make sure you give Mrs P and the other cats a serious cuddle mate and then you'll feel almost as good as if you've been given one.  :thumbsup: