Steel Penguins braying

Started by Steel Penguin, June 22, 2013, 01:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: Steel Penguin on September 16, 2018, 12:13:18 PM
a good day.
why???
today I celebrate my 18th wedding anniversary.  no matter what else, today I can smile a truly say I am a lucky man  :wub:  ( and know Mrs Sp thinks a similar thought)

tell your loved ones you love them,   it helps, you and then.  :thumbsup:
18 years!  Snap (in April though).
:thumbsup:
Congrats
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

So the pair of you were Millennium "Brides"  ;)

Congratulations the pair of you and I hope you bought your better halves their "Cat's Eyes" ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Mrs z is partial to amber but has a history of losing jewellery I buy her...
:-\
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

Amber's a fascinating "gemstone".

I had a girlfriend who made a habit of losing jewelry so she only really got bought costume stuff. At least she wore it rather than just let it lie around forgotten at home.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Steel Penguin

Narses   yup, when we started looking round for a place for the reception we thought there wasn't a cat in hells chance of getting a millennium booking  :banghead:   turns out we were spectacularly wrong  :thumbsup:   managed to get a nice restaurant in Ross on Wye,   and then the week before we were due to tie the knot, it was the fuel strike   :o    we were planning how to get max people per car, and just managing to get every one there, when they stopped and the relief hit   :thumbsup:
it was a wonderful and memorable day for all the right reasons, and even in the wedding photos you cant tell im still wearing steel toed boots  ;D

and grats Zenrat, hope that there are many more happy years for both of you.  :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Steel Penguin on September 24, 2018, 10:49:08 AM

and even in the wedding photos you cant tell im still wearing steel toed boots  ;D

But WHY?  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 24, 2018, 12:56:21 PM
Quote from: Steel Penguin on September 24, 2018, 10:49:08 AM

and even in the wedding photos you cant tell im still wearing steel toed boots  ;D

But WHY?  :o

I went to a couple of "skinhead" weddings in the very late 60's/early 70's where the groom wore Doc Martin's and at least one where the bride did  ;D

Loads of women/girls wear full DM's to this day, indeed they seem to be making a return again. Must dig mine out and polish them up  ;)

TheChronicOne

Congrats!

The steel toes are for the reception. You know, the dancing. Gotta do the cliche "have the little kid stand on your feet so you both can "dance" " thing.   :rolleyes: ;D

-Sprues McDuck-

Steel Penguin

none of the above gents  ;)
it boils down to the simple thing, that ive worn them for so long ( 30 ish years) as a matter of course, that I now don't feel comfortable in anything else,  I find driving in anything bar them very, very weird.
with reasonably long trousers on the wedding suit, they were unidentifiable to anyone else ( Mrs SP and the best man knew, Mrs SP dosnt mind as they were new and therefore smart, and my best man just gave me the normal amount of micky taking that he always has  :thumbsup: )
I was nervous enough as it was, and as I knew that there were no top hats involved ( the one thing I absolutely refused) I didn't want to be concerned with new badly fitting shoes.

though to be honest the best bit of the gag was that Mrs SP and myself managed to convince everyone at the platers we were working at at the time that she was going to get marred in a pair of Dr Martins, and as we couldn't get any white ones in a hurry I was going to spray paint a pair of black ones for her  ;D   she really wore a pair of white silk pixy boots,
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 

TheChronicOne

Huh! Great story, thanks for sharing!

I can symptathize with feeling strange out of the steel toes....   Hell, even when I was a kid I would wear them to play neighboorhood sports in. Kids would be pissed at me because people were accidentally getting clobbered by them as we played (American) football.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

I knock about in scruffy steel toed work boots most of the time.
Ironically when actually AT work I am supposed to be presentable in smart shoes.
Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: Steel Penguin on September 25, 2018, 10:42:03 AM

I was nervous enough as it was, and as I knew that there were no top hats involved ( the one thing I absolutely refused) I didn't want to be concerned with new badly fitting shoes.

As I've got older I realised why people get married in "Morning Dress" (should that be mourning ?  ;)) and that's because as the years pass the photos of the groom look far better. If in white then the brides photo's don't tend to age (some ultra fashionable ones can) but the guy's suits ? You want to see mine  :banghead: ;D However in all cases the hats need to be carried, never worn. They never fit anyway.  If asked nowadays that is the advice I give anyway.

Steel Penguin

been quiet for a wile her, but a new addition to the sig line hit this morning, I must go a little lighter on mixing aliens, Ian M Banks and the GDW core rules  :o

zenrat

...it's the only way to be sure.

My second favourite line from Aliens.
The first being "I say we grease the rat f**k sonofabitch right now".
Fred

Steel Penguin

no more kit work recently, weve been trying to get the house ready to sell, and I just haven't been mentally anywhere, where I wanted to have a brush in hand  :unsure:  so wile ive been here and reading, my work desk has slowly become more unreachable.  However ive had a tidy up and sort out ( again) and now have space and plan on starting again  :thumbsup: