Steel Penguins braying

Started by Steel Penguin, June 22, 2013, 01:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steel Penguin

aside from the windscreen the Falcons together now, it will need a couple of spots touched up with paint,  and then i can commence the decaling  :thumbsup:

so still going forward.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Steel Penguin

the original and found old decals are on, the success rate was not 50%, one of the under wing roundels split,  one of the over wing roundels split, one of the national flags disintegrated, so the other went to the side of the main door , the main door markings, and emergency  exit markings split shattered and twisted, i will have to add those using white ink and a rotering pen,  i have 2 sword decals from a recent games workshop eldar sheet  to go under either side of the windscreen, and to Tori gate like symbols to go on the 2 doors.  still progressing forward, no loss is utterly bad news.  :thumbsup:  :wacko:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 

Steel Penguin

all the decals are now on, tomorrow evening will be a quick varnish application  gloss then silk, and then add the windscreen thursday ( hopefully).
ive had a quick scrabble for some of the things i want to take sunday,, to aldersly,   managed to find most of them, so it will look kind of like a group of heroes hanger / super villein lair   :wacko:

NARSES2

Quote from: Steel Penguin on March 07, 2023, 11:58:19 AMmanaged to find most of them, so it will look kind of like a group of heroes hanger / super villein lair   :wacko:

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Steel Penguin

well the gods laugh at the plans of men  and penguins   :banghead:     so no varnishing tonight,  snow is bad.  :-\     hopefully tomorrow

NARSES2

Quote from: Steel Penguin on March 08, 2023, 12:01:54 PMwell the gods laugh at the plans of men  and penguins   :banghead:   

One of the few things that can be relied upon  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Being a penguin I thought you'd like the snow... ;)
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Steel Penguin

nope,  semi tropical penguin here,  i dont do cold,   and as far as the Antarctica thing goes, ive read my HP Lovecraft,  tekili lee,  not going there, without some serious fire power, ( like kiloton range anti matter rounds)

Steel Penguin

and like a toothless budgie i succeed.

varnish is on  :thumbsup: .  hopefully i can do the screen tomorrow.  then itll be a quick IRAN for the Lear with the A--10 engines . 

Steel Penguin

screen on and some lightly watered down PVA / white glue is on to hold it in position.
the top of the entry doors is re glued ( again / as normal) on the Lear.
i just need to find the rest of the bits i need  the captured BTR80  that i based on one that the PCs had in a twilight 2000 game i ran, and a few on the altered 1:48 Challenger tanks, the AAA ones and the SNEB pod  one for certain.

Steel Penguin

Falcons finished so
3 figures 3 models and 4 bits of scenery

not the pace i used to have but a pace i feel happy with trying to maintain.
I am not certain if i will find anything "shiney" tomorrow at the model / wargames show, but i will be keeping my eyes peeled and hope that something neat will be found.

NARSES2

Quote from: Steel Penguin on March 11, 2023, 03:11:31 AMnot the pace i used to have but a pace i feel happy with trying to maintain.

Which is a good place to be  :thumbsup:

Steel Penguin

Been too, and back from the Aldersly model / wargames show today,  helped the Womborne ASVC club set up, sat at the table chewed the fat with the club members and the public, purchased a few things  then helped take down and come home,  feel pretty good as well,  a few punters were hopefully led to our part of modeling, ( the lear with the A-10 engines, and the 4 engined falcon both seemed to impress , and the chieftain turreted post apoc franken TAM was admired by a couple of folks too)
not much caught my eye wargames wise,  i was rather tempted by some of the samuri skirmish sets, but i realy dont have room to start another era.  :unsure:
My model purchases though,  i am doing the happy dance as i managed to get one of the kits that made me want to model as a child, a 1:350 Tamiya CVN 65 Enterprise   ;D   its going to have to go in the loft for storage till i can get enough space and courage, but even being able to get it gives me a wonderful warm feeling
evan better as i managed to get things out easily yesterday, they have gone back to where they should be just as easily today  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Quote from: Steel Penguin on March 12, 2023, 10:36:49 AMnot much caught my eye wargames wise,  i was rather tempted by some of the samuri skirmish sets, but i realy dont have room to start another era.  :unsure:

I know exactly how you feel  ;)

Quote from: Steel Penguin on March 12, 2023, 10:36:49 AMevan better as i managed to get things out easily yesterday, they have gone back to where they should be just as easily today  :thumbsup:

That's always a result  :thumbsup:

Steel Penguin

got some more paint on the infantry the green and brown for the camo, and black on a couple, still more progress  :thumbsup:
im at the point of thinking what i want to do next model wise, it may be another trumpeter challenger 2 , probably the dozer blade one