Steel Penguins braying

Started by Steel Penguin, June 22, 2013, 01:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Steel Penguin on March 18, 2023, 12:45:14 PMgot some more paint on the infantry the green and brown for the camo, and black on a couple, still more progress  :thumbsup:
im at the point of thinking what i want to do next model wise, it may be another trumpeter challenger 2 , probably the dozer blade one

Definitely making progress  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Steel Penguin

and for my next thing,
a microwave comms relay tower https://fenrisgames.com/shop#!/FGSFS06-Phone-communications-tower/p/36128254/category=8583849
that i got mumble years ago,  and finally have the desire to do,  though with no instructions and the picture from the website, itll be a bit of an educated guess to assemble  ;D
the other real kit is the trumpeter chally 2 with dozer blade, that was got out of the box yesterday, and the other ( other) chally kit left in there.  the sprues are in a box and i can start on the road wheels ( shudder) as i want.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Steel Penguin

the comms towers done.... but i managed to spanner enough of it up, ive just built it as similar to a current mobile mast,  :banghead:   im making a couple of street boxes, from 1:35 tank boxes  :thumbsup:
the paints on the 8 infantry, i need to get some brown on the bases and hen glue on flock, so good progress there.
ive started trying to clean up a second hand GW predator i have,  the muzzle for the auto cannon has been remade and added, some gaps on the body have been filled, and ive now got to scratch a pair of laz cannon to go on the sponsons ,  ive some box and brass bar for the body and will cut and shape some sprue for the rest,  :thumbsup:

im trying to get the mojo with the chally, but the thought of road wheels at the mo is making me go "meh"
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 

Steel Penguin

infantry are done  :thumbsup: 

11 figures 3 models and 4 bits of scenery

the mobile tower will get some white paint tomorrow ( if the weathers reasonable)  so progress.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Steel Penguin

tower has had a coat of white primer then a covering of Ford Ice Diamond White ( its a very very pale blue,  or as my friend who worked at a paint factory put it, white with a flick of black in)  the cabinets are glued on and are getting green paint on them, and the base is getting scrubs and dry brushes of greys..
Ive another 11 80s british infantry on the desk,  a command figure and radioman, a blowpipe operator, a figure with binoculars, a GPMG on a pole for air defence, , 2 troopers with LAW 72s,, a grenadier with a M72, and 3 riflemen.  and the pack of bikini Girls with machine guns, i got in january as been cleaned up as started, because i wanted something a little more colourful than DPM  <_<
still haven't started on the chally 2   :-\     but have got the Predator to a point im happy with repainting it  <_<
but been the good busy.

NARSES2

Steel Penguin

slowly adding colour to DPM  and a bit of brightness to beach babes  ;D   the comms tower is done and is now waiting for varnish,  and so the world moves slowly onwards,  im enjoying  not having a deadline for completion hanging over me for this batch of figures,  wile it does provide a large dose of motivation, the lack makes this more of an enjoyable wandering meander   :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Quote from: Steel Penguin on April 15, 2023, 07:49:30 AMs and a bit of brightness to beach babes  ;D 

And enjoying every minute  ;)

I know what you mean about a lack of deadlines, even self imposed one.

Steel Penguin

beach babes are done, as are the infantry,  the cell phone mast is done  so
another 16 figures, and another peace of scenery

27 figures 3 models and 5 bits of scenery

the predator has been undercoated, as have 9 more infantry and 4 dismounted vehicle crew,  from the part done box ive got the crooked dice original ghost buster alikes  it feels like im starting to get back into my stride /  a bit of a rhythm,    :thumbsup:   

NARSES2

Quote from: Steel Penguin on April 23, 2023, 07:20:00 AMbeach babes are done,

Photos ? Or do they require vetting first  :angel:

Steel Penguin

i can throw a link to the manufactures page  https://www.wargamesfoundry.com/collections/street-violence/products/sv066-gun-girls   better painted than mine, and to give an idea of size the bases there mounted on are 28mm,  i have most of the packs as they were perfect for a "slum scum" force i threw together for a warhammer 40000 army, they were easy to paint up and managed to look different, and the SWAT teams were useful for modern stuff as well,

Steel Penguin

and as its 25th April again it is once again  World Penguin Day     Wark!!

NARSES2

Quote from: Steel Penguin on April 24, 2023, 11:22:36 PMand as its 25th April again it is once again  World Penguin Day     Wark!!

I wondered why there were penguins at the bottom of my pc screen  ;D

Those Beach Babes look good, certainly different from my Han Chinese army back in the day  ;)

Steel Penguin

finished 3 Ground zero games  UNSC starships , that have been sat round for mumble years
2 heavy freighters,  and a Sol class EXTENDED-RANGE SUPERDREADNOUGHT   https://shop.groundzerogames.co.uk/full-thrust-starships/unsc/ft-1112a.html    at around 4.5" long its a big ole chunk of metal,  its my ( boring )  scheme of grey with white windows ( lots of small lines) and gold for the sensors  which really pop

30 figures 3 models and 5 bits of scenery