Main Menu

Learjet 262

Started by Alvis 3.14159, June 24, 2013, 03:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alvis 3.14159

In the real world, Bill Lear took the wing design from the cancelled Swiss P-16 fighter project and applied it to his "business jet" design. But what if either the Swiss didn't cancel the P-16, or got greedy with the licensing fees? Or, maybe Mr lear ran into some ex-Messerschmidt people and went with a different wing?

I got this idea from Jeffrey Fontaine. It's been on hold for a year or so now, but since my modelling block just might be over, I thought I'd resurrect it and actually finish something. It's using the Testors 1/48 lear Jet (Ugh!) and the Pegasus Me-262. The fit was ok, but the surface detail on the Tetors kit is abysmal!  More to follow, eventually.

Alvis Pi

sandiego89

Interesting layout, keep it coming!  I like all things M-262 inspired.  Make sure the pilot has a really big pitch trim wheel/button  :o   
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Already know this is going to fantastic  :thumbsup:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Glenn

Bloody beautiful!
Glenn

Tophe

Wonderful! :thumbsup: please go on...
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Alvis 3.14159

Well, if you insist....
:lol:

Alvis pi

Weaver

That's a cracking idea - want to see this one finished.... :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Steel Penguin

ohhh nice.
I feel the impact of insperations... maybe reengineer mine with a pair from an A10
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Alvis 3.14159

An A-10 or an S-3 Viking, both use pretty much the same engine. I think they would have enough thrust that you could make it a single engine plane, with a nice pretty V tail and the engine pod on top of the fuselage. But that's just me thinking...:)

Alvis Pi

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

dumaniac

yeah - I like it too

Cobra

This is Superb :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Almost looks like something from Either 'Stingray', 'Thunderbirds',or Maybe even 'Joe90'! Have you decided on a Paint Scheme Yet,Alvis? Hope to see more :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Dan

Dizzyfugu

Now that's an interesting idea. Looks sweet so far  :thumbsup:

Alvis 3.14159

Oddly, I've had several people suggest that I'll be doing it in some sort of WW 2 scheme. Egads! It's a plane from the 60s! Just because it's got a 262 wing doesn't mean the Narzis will have anything to do with it! Nope, civil scheme all the way, and as close to the FW-200 Lufthansa scheme as I can get, lacking, of course, the swash stickers on the tail! Overall silver, with black nacelles and a black scalloped nose.

Of course, should i get bored with it, I could always make "White 13", with a fake 262 canopy and a big circle on the tail instead of a Swash Sticker. A semi-authentic camo scheme would be applicable too, being as it's a movie airplane*, not a realistic one!

Alvis Pi

* From the what if version of Red Tails, where Lucas used real planes, but still managed to get the major details somehow "wrong".

Dizzyfugu

You could also make a Volkswagen or Porsche executive airliner from it?  ;)