Well, time to renew the site

Started by Supertom, July 01, 2013, 12:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loupgarou

Even if I am silent, I continue visiting the forum, and I'll be glad to contribute too, as soon as I see a paypal button.
Paolo loupgarou
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Supertom

Guys, sorry, I've been out of town since Friday.  I will get it up ASAP.
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Librarian

Didn't see this before but oh yes I'm in. Paypal fine.

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Steel Penguin

I was able to give OGL some cash at the Hanslope show, so ive managed to find a way round me not having paypal thingys,  honour is satisfied for now. :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

dumaniac

Yeah - I can do the paypal thing from Oz - many hands (or dollars) may light work

paulkirsopp

The 22nd is getting close and as yet no paypal link, is it still in the pipeline?  Here's me with money in hand and no way of getting it to you.
Paul K.

Hobbes

Tom,

perhaps it'd be simpler to put your Paypal email address in this thread? It's easy enough to copy that to the Paypal site and do the payment manually.

rickshaw

Quote from: Hobbes on July 14, 2013, 12:21:45 PM
Tom,

perhaps it'd be simpler to put your Paypal email address in this thread? It's easy enough to copy that to the Paypal site and do the payment manually.

Please mask it though.  Instead of using the "@" symbol, type the word "at" and instead of the period "." use the word "dot".   Spammers can and do scan forums for email addresses in plain sight.  Being humans, we can work them out.   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: rickshaw on July 14, 2013, 08:00:01 PM
Please mask it though.  Instead of using the "@" symbol, type the word "at" and instead of the period "." use the word "dot".   Spammers can and do scan forums for email addresses in plain sight.  Being humans, we can work them out.   :thumbsup:

Second that. Glad to contribute, but pls. be careful with such sensitive information!

Supertom

Slight problem with setting up the Paypal button.  Has anyone set this up before?  Since we're not a business, do we set it up as personal?

deathjester

Have a look on the 'Getting British Business Online' website - I'm sure there is a walkthrough on there about setting up Paypal buttons...

What exactly is the problem?

Supertom

It's more of the way the setup is worded.  To set up a donate button, you are required to sign up as a nonprofit, but we are not a nonprofit, so we have to sign up as a business, of which we are not either.  However, the fine print says we have to report how the funds are used if we have more than $10,000 in donations (I doubt we'll ever get that much).  

I'm going to do some more research but to alleviate the more immediate problem, I've transferred my personal funds out of my paypal account and we can use that as the funds holding area for now.  Please send me a PM and I'll send you my email address (don't forget to add your real name and webname on it).  I friend of mine has a donate button on his forum so I'll find out from him tonight how he set his up.

Weaver

I suspect the truth is that if you're providing a service for which you're taking money off people then you're legally a "business" whether you think of yourself as one or not, and even if people can choose whether or not and how much to pay. However I'm not the expert....

PM on it's way.

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones