Main Menu

COIN A-25K

Started by Librarian, July 07, 2013, 06:50:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Librarian

On a quiet afternoon in Washington, 1968, within the Oval Office Johnson and McNamara are playing hopscotch when they hear from CIA chief Dick Phuqwitz (future CEO of Google) that operation CatchCan has been successful. The covert acquisition of some 20 flyable B-25s from a film production down in Mexico. The shoot is cancelled and Garfunkel returns to the only living boy in New York.

The planes are given the ON Mark treatment; strengthened wings with four pylons each, new 2500hp engines with new cowlings, new weapon bays to take cartridges of 50lb parafrags (2000lb), extended fuel tanks, forward 20mm Vulcan cannon, rear crew miniguns and strike camera. They will also be fitted with the brand new FLIR turret. In late 1969 they go into operations under Operation CowPoke.

I don't usually go in for serious detailing internally as I get heartbroken when I have to seal it all up. Should be fun otherwise.

Hman

I like the look of this...   :thumbsup:

"Lusaka Tower, this is Green Leader..."

kerick

Time for a favorite drink and the comfy chair..... I'll be watching this one.
I should go finish what I've started.....
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Daryl J.

Father Ennis

I think kerick has hit the nail on the head !!!!!!      I'm with him ...

kerick

Nice touch with the FLIR operators position next to the pilot.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Army of One

Looks very interesting......like the idea.....I wonder if the Vulcan would have an effect on speed/attitude of the a/c when fired....?? If it did would it have a burst fire mode.....fire a set amount of rounds at a time....?
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Librarian

I read somewhere that Gatlings can be purposefully misaligned so that they spray bullets over a wide cone of fire. I think this is what I have in mind. I was considering going for the three barreled helo cannon. Its mainly, as in the original B-25 strafers, to keep the heads of enemy gunners down.

Go4fun

Makes the idea of someone molding an A/C model with one side transparent to show all these yummy details more inviting. Anyone else think so?
"Just which planet are you from again"?

kerick

Quote from: Librarian on July 08, 2013, 09:11:24 AM
I read somewhere that Gatlings can be purposefully misaligned so that they spray bullets over a wide cone of fire. I think this is what I have in mind. I was considering going for the three barreled helo cannon. Its mainly, as in the original B-25 strafers, to keep the heads of enemy gunners down.
The A-10 has a wobble built into the rotation of the gun barrels to spread the "shot pattern" out. It also has a two speed rate of fire.
Tophe the Wise

Librarian

Due to various commitments including painting my Father in law's house I'm having to put this project on hold for a couple of weeks. Will update ASAP. Just found the perfect candidate for an AC-? gunship. Good news is it comes with six 7-shot rocket launchers ;D

Librarian

Starting now to get this A-25K together. Liked the idea of a white cabin roof to keep temps down (pinched from a French RB-26)

New enlarged tailplanes from you-know-where and larger cowlings etc for the 2500hp engines. Six hardpoints under each wing

Hardest part so far was creating the nose tunnel for the 20mm Vulcan....much cursing ;D.

Logan Hartke

Mmm... go on...

Cheers,

Logan

NARSES2

Looks interesting  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

Those style vertical stabs keep showing up all over. Even on real world V-22s. Looks just right on your A-25. Carry on!!
Tophe the Wise