Main Menu

COIN A-25K

Started by Librarian, July 07, 2013, 06:50:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

All those weapon stations remind me of the Il-28 ground attack prototype - it could carry an unguided missile pod on EACH of them...

Librarian

One of these days I'm going to go back to good old balsa and do some real sratching. Just can't be h'arsed ( trying to be fashionably Royal) right now. Whoever designed the A-10 tail should have got a Nobel Piece Prize ;).

Librarian

Thought I'd resurrect the Air Apaches for the Vietnam shindig.

I was going to use the old Aeromaster sheet but it disintegrated in the water so had to handbrush most of it :banghead:.

Got the TRAM turret fitted

and another shot from above

Have to go on my Kiddies hols now so be awhile before next update.

kerick

Looking great! Just don't turn on the stove! Air Apache is a great touch.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

nighthunter

Agreed, a great touch, to add the Air Apache markings, although I don't think the USAF would have allowed the Tail markings on the Outside of the Tail at that time, I would have put them on the Inside of the tail, and the Tail Code, TT for the Air Commando Group on the outside, I'd have also added wingtip tanks. As you'll see in my inspired, by Librarian, Drawing.
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

nighthunter

And I present, my artist's interpretation:

"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

chrisonord

I am liking what you have done here, makes sense using surplus low mileage WW2 light bomber/attack aircraft and using them as COIN aircraft. Speed is not an issue just the ability to loiter and put lead where needed. Skyraider worked didn't it??
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Superb work and the white cabin roof is a superb steal/adaptation. Not seen any of your stuff before, but this gives me good reason to go back and hunt-it-out.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Weaver

This is a great project - nice one!  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Librarian

Quote from: nighthunter on July 26, 2013, 01:41:28 PM
Agreed, a great touch, to add the Air Apache markings, although I don't think the USAF would have allowed the Tail markings on the Outside of the Tail at that time, I would have put them on the Inside of the tail, and the Tail Code, TT for the Air Commando Group on the outside, I'd have also added wingtip tanks. As you'll see in my inspired, by Librarian, Drawing.

Many thanks to all for the kind words. Nighthunter, WOW! I do like your version; I'm not too happy with the Insignia so I might swap round. I left off the tip tanks as the plane is already carrying extra fuel tanks behind and above the weapons bay but having seen yours... :wub:.

Just got back from first part of kids hols so will try to make some progress soon. Coming home last night I was cruising at app. 80mph :rolleyes: when the rear right tyre just blew. Terrifying experience especially with two kids in the car. Little bit shaken as of now.

Might go for folding bomb bay doors :thumbsup:.

kerick

Glad to hear you are all OK. If the tire blow out didn't kill me the heart attack would have!
Let your nerves settle then go back to modeling.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Gondor

Quote from: Librarian on August 02, 2013, 01:52:29 AM

Just got back from first part of kids hols so will try to make some progress soon. Coming home last night I was cruising at app. 80mph :rolleyes: when the rear right tyre just blew. Terrifying experience especially with two kids in the car. Little bit shaken as of now.

Had a gear leaver (manual  car) jump out as the gear box seized on me at about 60mph on a motorway once, that was an interesting experience I don't want to go through again so I understand about the tire blow out even if my experience is not in exactly the same league of heart stopping moments.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Librarian

I now know the true definition of post traumatic stress. One nightmare after another. I had a brake cable snap on the A-406 at 60mph but I managed to free wheel on neutral into a petrol station and then used the handbrake at about 15mph. Almost ended up upside down, but that was quite fun!!!! :wacko:.

Photos later tonight....getting there. AS-2 Tracker gunship next ;)....or....

PR19_Kit

A brake CABLE snap?  :unsure:

That must be a pretty old car you drive, what is it?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Librarian

That was a Renault 5, my life's love for nineteen years until second sprog required a larger car. She finally succumbed to total gearbox failure in 2006. Took me to Spain, Greece, France etc. Really traumatic when she was scrapped. Renault Scenic also a fantastic car...thoroughly recommended ;D.