Main Menu

COIN A-25K

Started by Librarian, July 07, 2013, 06:50:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Wow - sorry to hear about your "incident" and glad you're all all right!  :blink: :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Librarian

Had fun with the idea of a towed-decoy...maybe should have added stabilising fins but, what the hey!

20mm in place:

7.6mm miniguns and wind deflectors

And another side photo:

Librarian

Well, she's finally complete:

I thought that four hardpoints/wing would be more realistic, loaded with four Napalm tanks and a rocket pod (from a another aircraft flying nocturnal missions):

and:

Rear access, strike camera and gun ports:

The two completed aircraft together.

Hands and feet were built earlier by my parents ;D. Many thanks to Nighthunter for his suggestions about decal placement on the tail. I fully agree as it looks so much better :thumbsup:.

In late 1969 the only aircraft carrier in Northern waters, the USS John Glover, suffered a catastrophic fire. North Vietnamese torpedo boats, sensing an easy victory, set out to attack. "Buggy" was diverted from her mission to fly overwater and defend the crippled ship. She did this with great success, some three t-boats destroyed and several badly damaged, all at night. The Navy honoured the crew and their aircraft and she was duly placed in the Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club, the badge she wears proudly behind her cockpit.

Old Wombat

Two superb aircraft! :thumbsup:

The COIN A-25K is, IMO, pure genius! :bow:

:cheers:

Guy
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

albeback

This I like. The Airfix B-25 has been re issued & I've ordered  a couple with a view to using one for a COIN version of my own. A fellow modeller on Britmodeller kindly pointed me in the direction of this particular discussion. I have a wrecked Italeri A-26K & my intention is to cannibalise this for the engines, bomb bay parts & ordnance . I love the colour scheme on this model, I think I'll personally stick with the South east Asia camouflage scheme for mine though

Allan
Loves JMNs but could never eat a whole one!!

sandiego89

Very impressed with this B-25, especially the paint around the nose- very well done.
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Librarian

Quote from: albeback on August 05, 2013, 04:40:18 AM
This I like. The Airfix B-25 has been re issued & I've ordered  a couple with a view to using one for a COIN version of my own. A fellow modeller on Britmodeller kindly pointed me in the direction of this particular discussion. I have a wrecked Italeri A-26K & my intention is to cannibalise this for the engines, bomb bay parts & ordnance . I love the colour scheme on this model, I think I'll personally stick with the South east Asia camouflage scheme for mine though

Allan

Just to add if anyone wants to follow in my murky footsteps, the cowlings are from a Tigercat, the scoops above the engine are from the Revell Red Bull release of the old Monogram B-25, vertical tails are Monogram A-10, propellers are hybrids (Hamilton hubs with B-36 blades), wheels/uc are  :-\, pylons are CMK A-1 types and main kit Accurate Miniatures. I think the B-36 supplied the bomb cartridges and bomb bay fuel tank from an old Mossie. Great fun all round.

I have a psychotic dislike for the chaos of camouflage which is the only reason I didn't follow that route....it would look superb though. Good luck :thumbsup:.

Logan Hartke

That looks fantastic, Librarian!  Beautiful and believable duo you have there!

Cheers,

Logan

NARSES2

That's come out really well, terrific  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Hman

"Lusaka Tower, this is Green Leader..."

nighthunter

Glad I could be of service, always glad to help a fellow modeler.
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Superb clean build(s).

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

albeback

Quote from: Librarian on August 05, 2013, 06:21:06 AM
Quote from: albeback on August 05, 2013, 04:40:18 AM

Allan

I have a psychotic dislike for the chaos of camouflage which is the only reason I didn't follow that route....it would look superb though. Good luck :thumbsup:.

I LOVE chaos!! You should see my flat!!Lol!! ;D Thanks for the encouragement! :thumbsup:. Once I get my (long delayed) PR version of the MiG 31 out of the way, the B-25 will be my next job! :smiley:

Allan
Loves JMNs but could never eat a whole one!!

Rheged

Glad to hear you  are unscathed  after your incident

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 03, 2013, 06:24:51 AM
A brake CABLE snap?  :unsure:

I had an accelerator return spring break when I was driving back from hospital after birth of first son. I'd had enough excitement already that day.  Pulled into local garage forecourt, and they repaired it for me free!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Dizzyfugu

Nice! The colors suit the B-25 well, better than expected.  :thumbsup: