Fast FAC A/O-38N

Started by Librarian, July 07, 2013, 06:53:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Librarian on July 17, 2013, 08:06:24 PM
http://www.ffscale.co.uk/page4f.htm . This will take you to a page similar to the one I used (but cannot locate). I just used a technique described some years ago in SAM magazine about using milliput instead of carving a balsa 'male'. It's not perfect but has worked on this occasion :party:. Might do some further experiments to refine the process as it could be useful....

Magic, thanks very much.

I've done lots of plunge moulding before but not using Milliput masters. Sounds a great idea and makes a scheme I've had for a while very possible.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Librarian

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 18, 2013, 02:36:04 AM
Quote from: Librarian on July 17, 2013, 08:06:24 PM
http://www.ffscale.co.uk/page4f.htm . This will take you to a page similar to the one I used (but cannot locate). I just used a technique described some years ago in SAM magazine about using milliput instead of carving a balsa 'male'. It's not perfect but has worked on this occasion :party:. Might do some further experiments to refine the process as it could be useful....

Magic, thanks very much.

I've done lots of plunge moulding before but not using Milliput masters. Sounds a great idea and makes a scheme I've had for a while very possible.  :thumbsup:

You're very welcome. The canopy looks good but a little cloudy and ever so slightly too large, but I've posed it open so no problems there. About a year ago I went through eight of my nine lives using this technique to bubble-canopy a P-39, eventually giving up. It takes a lot of practice, and time I just don't have :-\. Good luck with yours :thumbsup:.

Dizzyfugu

This one looks really great - many details/changes to discover, and the paint scheme suits the bird well, too. Nice!  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Oh that looks nice and the radials make her look more "American" somehow  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Librarian

OK, she's finished (short of an overall varnish...too hot right now). She's armed with a 7.62 minigun in the nose and four seven-shot smoke pods. I added an ecm pod for fun (nb it's a whiff ;D); should counter-weight the other pylon but can't think of something.

I wanted a kinked wing like the B-25 so had to redo the wings again

Anyway, onto the A-25K next. All going to be part of a TCS (Tactical Composite Squadron) called "The Smithsonians" due to their antiquated equipment.

Tophe

Belated congratulations! What a marvel! :wub: :wub:
(alas the Notify tool seems not to work properly, I have missed the development of this great build - I should check the page more often, shame on me!)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Captain Canada

Oh my goodness.....that is gorgeous ! Almost perfect ! All the elements....great job ! Glad I didn't miss it

:wub: :cheers: :party:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?