Zappata-Messerschmitt Z.333. heavy-fighter/torpedo-bomber.

Started by CSMO, July 07, 2013, 10:31:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CSMO

I built this one for a group build on another site. The premise is that in 1938, Diamler-Benz motors were in short supply, so the Germans sold the 110 airframes to Italy minus the motors. Philippo Zappata, the designer of the CANT Z.506 & Z.1007 tri-motors modified the airframes.
Italian fighter jocks refused to fly it, preferring agility at all costs, as it was too clumsy. They added tankage and made it into a torpedo bomber. As it was standard practice to mount The machine guns in the cowlings of fighters they just tripled the standard installation for plenty of firepower.

The model is the 1958 Airfix kit, with Hasegawa Zero 52 cowls, 14 cylinder motors, props, and a torpedo from the scrap-box.
I chose the old segmented paint job for the COOL factor. paint is Xtracolor Afrika Korps Desert Yellow, Signalbrun, RLM89 Grun over Model Master U.S. Neutral Gray. I think this little spud looks pretty good, so I thought about sharing it with you guys.  

URL=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/CSMO/media/AirfixClubMedbuilds007_zpsb7a6323c.jpg.html][/URL]

Adios, Larry.
"Field Artillery brings dignity to what otherwise would be merely a vulgar brawl."

PR19_Kit

Nice one, a three engined Me-100, what could be more Italian?  :thumbsup: :bow:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

dumaniac

tc2324

74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 07, 2013, 10:41:59 AM
Nice one, a three engined Me-100, what could be more Italian?  :thumbsup: :bow:

Second that. VERY nice idea and execution  :thumbsup:

Deserves IMHO a Whiffies nomination!

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Army of One

BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Hotte

James

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones