North Coates Strike Wing 1946

Started by NARSES2, July 10, 2013, 06:50:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Weaver on July 10, 2013, 09:32:22 AM

I'm still trying to get one of the Special Hobby ones at a sensible price. I want to make a tank buster with the nosewheel off-set to one side and a BFG in a belly pack... :wacko:

You will probably need to raise the undercarriage in a similar way to I did (just put it on the right way  :banghead:) there is very little clearance even though the aircraft has a taller undercarriage to the regular Meteors.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on July 10, 2013, 10:16:10 AM
I like it, although I would have changed the canopy for one from an F3 myself. What's the yellow extension to the fairing on the tail?

Gondor

Agree re the canopy Alistair and my second one may well get that treatment.

The extension to the fairing was to do with directional stability - I think. The finlets definitely were
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

rickshaw

Nice plane there, Chris.  Lovely paint job.   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

James

chrisonord

I really like that Chris, it looks plenty real enough to me and if you hadn't said about the landing gears,who would have known  ;). One of these would look good in a tired jungle scheme too,and toting counter insurgency ordnance. :thumbsup:
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Glenn Gilbertson

Never mind the undercarriage, that looks really great!   :thumbsup:

Ed S

Great idea for an early turboprop. The Meteor looks good in these colors. Well done.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

tc2324

Great effort Chris.  :thumbsup:

You said recently you would do something like this and I`m glad you did. It should open the door to a few more MPM kit schemes. :thumbsup:
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

kitbasher

Top banana Chris!  Want one of these myself, probably need to wait until Telford though (funded by Kitswap sales).

If' you're whiffing a second one why not add bombs and/or rockets and paint it up in Argentinian colours as a sort of low-tech Pucara.  not that the Pucara is particulalry hi-tech, of course.  Let's say 40's/50's Pucara.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Second one will have bombs and rockets but probably she will be SEAC. As I'll have to raise the undercarriage again (and put it on the right way round  :banghead:) to get any armament under the wings I may well give her some larger props. Got plenty of white metal 5 bladers or maybe even contra-props ?