VV's Biggles aircraft collection

Started by VickersVandal, July 19, 2013, 05:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VickersVandal

Zenrat - Condor remains my favourite, followed by Biggles Flies Again, then Flies South. After that, the WW1 short stories are right up there.

I'm not massively keen on the WW2 stories, to be honest. I find that Orient is more of a detective story than anything but it's still enjoyable. The postwar stories are very hit and miss and generally I stick to the short story collections of those.

Quote from: Scotaidh on May 12, 2018, 08:47:11 AM
Quote from: zenrat on May 11, 2018, 05:31:49 PM
No.  People still go and watch McBeth.  No one should watch that movie.  In fact all evidence it ever existed should be erased from history.

What movie?
Nothing to see here, move on.
:-X

Seriously, to what movie are you referring?

Avert your eyes, children!

Here is The Abomination.

Now, kindly NEVER mention it again.....  ;) ;D :-X
Biggles modelling loony.

My Biggles Model display website: https://tinyurl.com/y74ydzae

NARSES2

Must admit I didn't get into the post WWI Biggles books, but the WWI ones are  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Scotaidh

Quote from: VickersVandal on May 12, 2018, 11:03:29 PM
Zenrat - Condor remains my favourite, followed by Biggles Flies Again, then Flies South. After that, the WW1 short stories are right up there.

I'm not massively keen on the WW2 stories, to be honest. I find that Orient is more of a detective story than anything but it's still enjoyable. The postwar stories are very hit and miss and generally I stick to the short story collections of those.

No.  People still go and watch McBeth.  No one should watch that movie.  In fact all evidence it ever existed should be erased from history.

What movie?

Here is The Abomination.

Thanks!  Hmmm - I hadn't known about that film - I might have to own it.  After all, if I can survive watching "Lair of the White Wyrm", "Earth Girls Are Easy", "Transylvania 6-5000", as well as the Tintin and Asterisk flicks, this one should be a doddle! 
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Old Wombat

What movie?

HEALTH WARNING: Viewing the following links (especially the last) could damage your Mental Health.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biggles_(film)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090729/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsaDeEaQy8Q
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Quote from: Scotaidh on May 13, 2018, 12:56:14 PM
Quote from: VickersVandal on May 12, 2018, 11:03:29 PM

What movie?

Here is The Abomination.

Thanks!  Hmmm - I hadn't known about that film - I might have to own it.  After all, if I can survive watching "Lair of the White Wyrm", "Earth Girls Are Easy", "Transylvania 6-5000", as well as the Tintin and Asterisk flicks, this one should be a doddle! 

No.

It's not a "so good its bad" film.  It's just a bad film.

Don't do it.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Scotaidh

Having watched the trailer for the Film That Will Not Be Named, I agree with Huey Lewis - "sometimes bad is bad."  The only redeeming feature I can find - from the trailer - is that it's Peter Cushing's last film ....

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Old Wombat

Quote from: Scotaidh on May 16, 2018, 01:21:07 PM
The only redeeming feature I can find - from the trailer - is that it's Peter Cushing's last film ....

Is that because Peter Cushing is in it or because it's his last film? :unsure:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Scotaidh

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 16, 2018, 07:23:50 PM
Quote from: Scotaidh on May 16, 2018, 01:21:07 PM
The only redeeming feature I can find - from the trailer - is that it's Peter Cushing's last film ....

Is that because Peter Cushing is in it or because it's his last film? :unsure:

I'm not a fan of horror, so I've seen very little of Mr. Cushing's work - mostly Star Wars et al - but he's a quality actor.  I would call his presence in any film an asset to that film. Sad, really, that his last film was a stinker.

VickersVandal

New build....

"Yellowtail" Fokker D.VII from the WW1 short story "The Great Arena.
Biggles encounters a blue D.VII with a yellow tail flown by "Von Doering". When Biggles' guns jam, the pilot lets him go. Later, when Biggles' squadron is assigned to lure Von Doering's squadron into an ambush so that it can be wiped out by superior numbers, Biggles warns Von Doering of the descending cloud of SE5s, giving him a chance to get away.

The kit is the Roden one, which is a bit of a dog to be honest. Roden decals being the disintegrating pieces of rubbish that they are, I had to apply multiple coats of liquid decal film.

Biggles modelling loony.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

That's very good!!!! I'm in the mood to make a biplane all of a sudden.
-Sprues McDuck-

VickersVandal

Biggles modelling loony.

zenrat

Looks OK to me.
Is there some sort of pattern on the underside of the upper wing or is it a reflection?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

VickersVandal

Zenrat, it has lozenge on the wing undersides. I coated the absolute barnabyjoyce out of it with liquid decal film because Roden decals explode into a trillion shards on contact with water. I was successful in that the decals went on with only minor disasters.

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 25, 2018, 01:58:30 AM
Quote from: VickersVandal on August 24, 2018, 03:40:30 PM

Everything I build is in 1/72.

I thought it was, just wanted to confirm  :thumbsup:

No wuckers  :thumbsup:
I don't hold with mixing scales. It aint'nt natcheral y'hear! 
Biggles modelling loony.