VV's Biggles aircraft collection

Started by VickersVandal, July 19, 2013, 05:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Nice builds, VV! :thumbsup:

Always been rather amused by the "biplane" tail of the Hannover; a tiny remnant of box kite DNA. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

Captain Canada

Nice work ! Especailly like that Blue Devil !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

VickersVandal

One More for the collection.

In the story "The Joy Ride" there is a red-nosed Albatros forced down by Algy, which Biggles later takes for a joy-ride only to end up getting shot down (unharmed) by his friend/rival Wilks  :lol:

http://www.biggles.info/Details/03/02/

I chose the Roden D.III for this in a standard wood finish scheme.

Biggles modelling loony.

My Biggles Model display website: https://tinyurl.com/y74ydzae

Wardukw

That's a simple looking build Vandal but ...I have a suspicion it's not as simple as it appears as it looks like a heap of work which turned out great ..im a liking this and I promise my next build will be a two crew Spad float plane  :thumbsup: .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

VickersVandal

Thanks. Yes, deceptively simple. Roden kits always have fit issues to correct and the woodgrain fuselage was a mission. Overall it went together well enough though.

Glad to hear you will soon embark on some SPAD craziness  :thumbsup:
Biggles modelling loony.

Wardukw

OH I've already been looking at WW1 Italian navel aircraft markings ...ya know ..looking for ideas and I did find something I didn't know..Spads were used by the Italian Air Force which is great cause now it will lead to a wee bit more of a float plane idea.
I've even brought a WW1 float plane kit for just it's floats and it turns out the kit comes with normal landing gear too  ;D
So I get my float plane and a land based plane to build to  :thumbsup:
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

That's a stunning woodgrain finish on a lovely all round build :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

VickersVandal

Thanks gents. I'm not altogether happy with the woodgrain. Much room for improvement but it's a start. When I build Werner Voss' Albatros I want I to be bang-on.

Now that I've worked out the main fit issues with the kit, the next one should be a doddle!

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on November 30, 2022, 10:25:20 PMOH I've already been looking at WW1 Italian navel aircraft markings .

This should be quite something to behold  :lol:
Biggles modelling loony.

NARSES2

Quote from: VickersVandal on December 01, 2022, 03:33:02 AMNow that I've worked out the main fit issues with the kit, the next one should be a doddle!

The words "famous" and "last" spring to mind  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 01, 2022, 05:39:05 AM
Quote from: VickersVandal on December 01, 2022, 03:33:02 AMNow that I've worked out the main fit issues with the kit, the next one should be a doddle!

Oh, Hell yeah! :wacko:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Quote from: Old Wombat on December 01, 2022, 06:09:52 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on December 01, 2022, 05:39:05 AM

Oh, Hell yeah! :wacko:
Oh I wonder how many soon to be disappointed souls have spoken those oh so famous last words  ;D  :wacko: