Eurofighter retro scheme

Started by darthspud, July 27, 2013, 09:03:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darthspud

Having got an early Airfix Eurofighter from Yeovilton
I'm thinking of going all Battle of Britain on it.
Black /white underside and green/earth uppers

Much like the RAF did a Tucano a while ago.

Any thoughts from the assembled  gurii?

Low speed on the build unless I boot two TSR2's,  an F15, a F18/C and two tornado's
too old for a paper round, too young for me pensions, dammit, back to work then!

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Hobbes

Leading Observer

LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

Army of One

Holy moly I say yes, do it......!!!!
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

darthspud

New cider supplier been leading me astray this week, so not one bit done :cheers:.
Hoping to start this in the next day or two.
too old for a paper round, too young for me pensions, dammit, back to work then!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: darthspud on August 03, 2013, 11:17:59 AM
New cider supplier been leading me astray this week, so not one bit done :cheers:.

The perils of living in Zomerzet..............  ;D :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 03, 2013, 12:24:57 PM
Quote from: darthspud on August 03, 2013, 11:17:59 AM

The perils of living in Zomerzet..............  ;D :lol:

I'm told Herefordshire  is just as "distracting"
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

darthspud

it's pretty much the only real drawback living here. 3 medal winning cider orchards within a mile and 3 cider free house pubs in spitting distance :drink: :cheers:

NARSES2

Quote from: darthspud on August 04, 2013, 01:53:14 AM
it's pretty much the only real drawback living here. 3 medal winning cider orchards within a mile and 3 cider free house pubs in spitting distance :drink: :cheers:

Staggering distance is the more important measure after a night on the Cider  :wacko:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

darthspud

now I have the F-117 all but finished I have re-started the WWII inspired Typhoon.

Have primed the major bits and sprayed an initial white satin layer on the underside.
I'll let it go off overnight and then mask off and paint one half black.
Going with black serials and probably a fictitious Sqn marking set.

lancer

Of all the retro schemes for the Typhoon, I'm going to do one in western desert Dark Earth/Mid stone/Azure blue. Unless someones already beaten me to it that is...
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

NARSES2

Quote from: darthspud on August 28, 2013, 12:19:24 PM
now I have the F-117 all but finished I have re-started the WWII inspired Typhoon.

Have primed the major bits and sprayed an initial white satin layer on the underside.
I'll let it go off overnight and then mask off and paint one half black.
Going with black serials and probably a fictitious Sqn marking set.

Now that's an idea I really like  :bow:

Seen one with D-Day stripes that does the rounds. A SEAC one would look quite nice.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

darthspud

random bone question

Humbrol paints
What number green and brown is usual for WWII RAF paint schemes?

I don't build them and have no idea.
ta

lancer

Quote from: darthspud on August 29, 2013, 10:46:02 AM
random bone question

Humbrol paints
What number green and brown is usual for WWII RAF paint schemes?

I don't build them and have no idea.
ta

Normally HU29 - Dark Earth and HU 30 - Dark Green - Both done in Enamel and Acrylic. If that helps..
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die