Sunderland air show: BBC pictures

Started by Rheged, July 27, 2013, 03:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rheged

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Mossie

Got a personal display today from the Red Arrows.  Every year on the weekend of the Sunderland Air Show, the Reds transit the edge of my little town.  I've seen other stuff in previous years, but I can't see it well since we moved less than quarter of a mile.

Heard nine adours and managed to catch them as they passed y the back garden.  As an added bonus, my girls were playing with the inflatable ones I bought them from Waddington at that moment!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

The Wooksta!

Saw the Sparrows fly over Newcastle yesterday but had four Spitfires fly in to Newcastle Airport on Friday, saw the BBMF fly past later that day.  More Spitfires yesterday and then the Lancaster flew low and banked over St James Park later in the afternoon.  Saw them again about 2ish when waiting for the bus and saw an Apache fly towards Mackemland when I was on my way back.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Mossie

Lanc came about an hour and half after I posted this, could hardly have been in a better position to see it.  Came nearly head on, then turned slightly so it was in perfect profile.

Didn't see anything else though, heard a few interesting noises but nothing was visible.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.