* TOP SECRET EYES ONLY * UFO diorama ideas.

Started by Skunk Works, August 01, 2013, 01:13:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skunk Works

Hello  all,

I scored myself a Testors UFO model off eBay brand new in box and I have been having some ideas what to do with it.

I'm thinking a hangar diorama ( the S-4 facility ) the disc sat elevated on a platform a few tools and what not scattered around and a couple of military personnel looking on at the disc. The disc itself I'm thinking of painting in a colour similar to the blackbird , with very minimal U.S markings on it the idea being this is a back engineered repainted alien craft or even a  man made replica  of an E.T disc being readied for nighttime test flights.

The second idea was to have the disc sat on its belly on a desert diorama base representing papoose dry lake bed with said military personal looking on again ready for it to take off.

All ideas and feedback are much appreciated.
Currently on the workbench :

Revell/Monogram SR-71 Blackbird.

Academy F-117 Nighthawk.

kerick

A universe of possibilities....
Makes me think of the old Twilight episodes where aliens encounter human space explorers. That never seems to end well either.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Cobra

How about having the Disc look like it Landed Not Far from a Military Compound,with Gurads in Jeeps,Hummers,Whatever, Surrounding it,Weapons Ready? that work for You? Dan

philp

Maybe use some magnets and get that, it is just hovering, look.  I have been toying with this idea for my Star Wars Landspeeder.

Of course, this could be another option.

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

martinbayer

On the Moon next to an Apollo program Lunar Module lander stage, or on Mars next to a Viking lander or a rover...

Martin
Would be marching to the beat of his own drum, if he didn't detest marching to any drumbeat at all so much.

Go4fun

Quote from: philp on August 01, 2013, 09:05:44 PM
Maybe use some magnets and get that, it is just hovering, look.  I have been toying with this idea for my Star Wars Landspeeder.

Of course, this could be another option.

I like the way ou think. :cheers:
"Just which planet are you from again"?

Weaver

How about the classic "found in the Arctic/Antarctic" scene? UFO sitting in a partly excavated hole in the ground with guys in winter gear and a few cool (whiff?) snow-cat style vehicles around? Just model the shape of the base with anything that comes to hand, then invest in a big tub of baking soda..... ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Leading Observer

Under the belly of a B-29/B-36/B-52 [or Tu-4 Bull or a Bear] ready for airdrop test filght?
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

dadlamassu

Something in the future

Something more recent

martinbayer

Would be marching to the beat of his own drum, if he didn't detest marching to any drumbeat at all so much.

The Rat

One open panel on the UFO, and a set of booster cables running from a USAF pickup truck.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

kerick

Quote from: Weaver on August 02, 2013, 08:49:04 AM
How about the classic "found in the Arctic/Antarctic" scene? UFO sitting in a partly excavated hole in the ground with guys in winter gear and a few cool (whiff?) snow-cat style vehicles around? Just model the shape of the base with anything that comes to hand, then invest in a big tub of baking soda..... ;D
Ah yes, from the beginning of the movie "The Thing". Always a good choice. You could go with the whole period look with the C-47 in the background.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

scooter

Quote from: The Rat on August 02, 2013, 01:46:18 PM
One open panel on the UFO, and a set of booster cables running from a USAF pickup truck.

*That* would be appropriate!  ;D
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.