Main Menu

T.7 Take 2

Started by kitbasher, August 04, 2013, 01:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitbasher

Hunter T.7 XL571 'V', 92 Sqn RAF, Middleton St George 1961.

The Hawker P.1101 in fact - original concept for a two-seat Hunter and surely one of the best looking aircraft never built.  Using the Maintrack conversion I've finished it in Blue Diamonds colours from the early 60s using the decals for the T.7 option in the old Matchbox kit.

There's a few more pictures at http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,36649.msg589585.html#msg589585.  Meanwhile here's T.7 take 1 and 2 together:

T.7 take 3 to follow!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

Superb stuff there. :thumbsup: :bow:

The P.1101 really does look the business, and I'm afraid the side-by-side 2 seat Meteor pales by comparison.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

It looks as if there is almost enough room in the nose for a radar

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

kitbasher

I agree.  Years before I really got into whiffing I built a P.1101 without realising there really had been a real tandem Hunter trainer project.  I extended the nose and used a spare Matchbox Meteor NF14 canopy. No pics I'm afraid, and the model os long lost. But duringbhis build I kept thinking about that effort and yes, do it again with a radar nose.  If I uncover a cheap Hunter at SMW I may gice it a go.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Oh that is a looker, nice one  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Revised pictures now posted.

Weaver

Looks great in those colours: nice one!  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

rickshaw

Quote from: Gondor on August 04, 2013, 02:23:26 PM

Gondor

There is, isn't there?

I used a combination of the Freightdog radar nose for the P.1109 and Maintrack forward fuselage to create my Hawker Herne:

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Gondor

Quote from: rickshaw on August 06, 2013, 04:17:01 AM
Quote from: Gondor on August 04, 2013, 02:23:26 PM

Gondor

There is, isn't there?

I used a combination of the Freightdog radar nose for the P.1109 and Maintrack forward fuselage to create my Hawker Herne:

Now that gives me a few ideas..... as if I don't have enough to do already......

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

sandiego89

Nice work, it sure does look better with the tandem arrangement.  I can't think of a good looking side by side trainer that evolved from a single seater.  The Lightning, Hunter, Vampire, Venom and the F-102 arguably all got uglier with the side by side seats.  I vote TF-102 as the ugliest, but others may differ, and sometimes ugly has a certain charm... 
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

darthspud

Sandie,
got to disagree, the tandem Lightning looks the business
too old for a paper round, too young for me pensions, dammit, back to work then!

kitbasher

.....and both the Vampire and Venom 2-seaters aren't all that bad.

The TF-102 is usgly, but not as bad as the side-by-side TF-104 concept.