Another Star Wars scratch build

Started by Sisko, August 05, 2013, 12:29:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sisko

Another scratch built Star Wars ship.

This one is based around the time of the old republic and is the great grand daddy of the b-wing.

For more go here

http://www.saplasticmodellers.com.au/gallery_articles/gallery/sbpages/starwarsship.shtml
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Modelling_Mushi

Going to be finished in 2021 BEFORE I start any da*!#d new ones - CF-IDS Wolverine; Douglas Mawson; Bubba Wants a Fishin' Rig; NA F-100

Against the Wall - Maton Dreadnought; Fender Telecaster; Epiphone Les Paul Studio

McColm

buzzbomb

Sisko

Glad people liked it!

Was a fun build going thru the greebly box deciding what to use.

I also tried some different weathering techniques including chipping and washes.
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

deathjester

Awesome!  Really love SW scratchbuilds - so much 'history' to work with!  :thumbsup:

Dizzyfugu

Cool build. Today I had a toner cartridge in my hands and thought about a space ship made from it...  :rolleyes:

kerick

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on August 08, 2013, 03:01:30 AM
Cool build. Today I had a toner cartridge in my hands and thought about a space ship made from it...  :rolleyes:
You have to watch out for the toner cartridges. You never know if they are truly empty or not. You don't want that black powder falling out for the next ten years.
If you disassemble some broken down printers you will be rewarded with plastic parts in a thousand different shapes.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Weaver

We've had two different inkjet printers at work and both of them had ridiculously elaborate "clips" on the cartridges to remove before you fitted them. I've got quite a lot stashed away now.... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

pyro-manic

Cracking build, Sisko - very nicely done indeed! :cheers:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<