Look what flew over my house!

Started by Old Wombat, August 05, 2013, 02:36:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

I am not, at the moment, on Christmas Island - I was there for literally 48 hours when I was asked "Do you want to go to Cocos? You've got 10 minutes to decide." So, here I am on the Cocos (Keeling) Islands, West Island, at the old Quarantine Station on 24/7 standby in case an asylum seeker boat arrives here.

My house just happens to be right under the airfield approach/departure lane. This morning I heard a turboprop winding up & taking off, next thing I know this is coming in to land.

Sad part is, as I type this, an Orion has just landed - lower - which I just missed! Bugger!

:cheers:

Guy
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

rickshaw

Always wanted to go to Cocos.  One of my very distant relations (very!) used to own the Islands.  ;D
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Captain Canada

Nice shot ! Old turbos are awesome to watch
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Old Wombat

Quote from: rickshaw on August 05, 2013, 03:06:04 AM
Always wanted to go to Cocos.  One of my very distant relations (very!) used to own the Islands.  ;D

So far, nice place! Not allowed to have too much fun, though, in case a boat rocks up.

Clunies-Ross, huh? Not overly popular here, these days.

Stripped the islands of their native vegetation & planted coconut palms by the gazillion. Now they're beginning to lose their coastline (& the place is almost all coastline) because there are no deep-root plants to hold the sand together.

:cheers:

Guy
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est