COIN FA8F-1 Fossa

Started by Librarian, August 06, 2013, 11:30:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Librarian

Quote from: Librarian on August 08, 2013, 02:55:41 AM
I do like the UH scheme. I'm trying very hard to adopt multi-shade camo but I find my psyche justs reacts badly :unsure:. Years ago I put together a 1/48 Invader using the Albatros sheet and resin nose, a really freaky African scheme. A bit like that UH.

This is the one. Not my model but almost identical:

nighthunter

Okay, finally got it done for you, one of those camo schemes was HARD! :P

"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

Librarian

WOW!! : :o :thumbsup: I like the French one best. After all that hard work of yours I feel guilty going with a simple scheme but I do like the Marines Green, so I think I'll go with it. I've spent most of today putting together an interesting arnament load-out. Even though I'm what-iffing I suddenly realised that I don't have to stick to US armament. I have a huge soft spot for Soviet/Russian air to surface rockets etc and their launch tube so..... ;D

pyro-manic

Looking really good so far! I do like these muscular prop-driven attack types. ;D

Quote from: Librarian on August 07, 2013, 09:44:31 AM
My camera drives me nuts :banghead:. Everything seems to come out bent, elongated etc. On the B-25 the 20mm seems to banana upwards in the photos. Update later ;D.

About this, try zooming in a bit and stand further away. Lens distortion might clear up a bit at a slightly longer focal length (this is dependent on the camera's lens design though). Also, try using a couple of table lamps to light it - you'll get faster shutter speeds and more depth of field which will help a bit.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

rickshaw

Quote from: Librarian on August 08, 2013, 11:06:08 AM
Quote from: Librarian on August 08, 2013, 02:55:41 AM
I do like the UH scheme. I'm trying very hard to adopt multi-shade camo but I find my psyche justs reacts badly :unsure:. Years ago I put together a 1/48 Invader using the Albatros sheet and resin nose, a really freaky African scheme. A bit like that UH.

This is the one. Not my model but almost identical:

Nice.  Biafrian?
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Librarian

Yes. Flown by a crazy Pole or Czech ex-RAF pilot. Wrote a really good book about his experiences that really inspired me. Gave the book to a friend to read, never got it back and now I can't replace it as they sell for silly money seconhand :angry:.

nighthunter

Quote from: Librarian on August 09, 2013, 10:44:59 AM
WOW!! : :o :thumbsup: I like the French one best. After all that hard work of yours I feel guilty going with a simple scheme but I do like the Marines Green, so I think I'll go with it. I've spent most of today putting together an interesting arnament load-out. Even though I'm what-iffing I suddenly realised that I don't have to stick to US armament. I have a huge soft spot for Soviet/Russian air to surface rockets etc and their launch tube so..... ;D
Hmm, It's not like the Israeli or Afrikaners couldn't use "Captured" Soviet equipment. :P No matter what you decide to paint it, it'll look great!

Librarian

'nuther can't be bothered to sleep nights so managed to finish her:

Nice load of unguided rockets, twin minigun pods and parachute retarded cluster bombs (inner pylons)...too much? :rolleyes:

Easy enough to do and I might make another. I did like that French scheme a lot.

Next...hmmm...guess where I'm going with this ;D:

Old Wombat

My guess: COIN Tigercat ca. early/mid-70's. :thumbsup:

Unless you're going with a 2-fer, with a jet powered Tigercat & a twin-prop '105. :blink:

:cheers:

Guy

PS: Oops! Love the FA-8F-1, looks on the money as a potential real development! :thumbsup: But torpedoes? For taking out sampans or barges, I guess? :-\
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Librarian

Thought the photos a bit drab so I tried a more realistic dappled sunlight affair :mellow::

No torpedoes, supposed to be retarded cluster bombs.

Old Wombat

OK! :thumbsup:

Looked like torpedoes to me but, then, I'm an idiot! ;D

:cheers:

Guy
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

nighthunter

Well, without a doubt, it looks great!

I would have had the cannon's inboard on both wings, leaving the Cluster bombs where they are.

Ed S

Looks good.  It does have a resemblance to a single seat T-28.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Librarian

It does, doesn't it. I really like the way it came out. I was considering calling it the Super-Trojan but sounded too much like a prop from "Boogie Nights" ;D.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.