COIN FA8F-1 Fossa

Started by Librarian, August 06, 2013, 11:30:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Librarian

Whilst oogling some T-28 Trojans last night I thought "Hmmm, they look a little like Bearcats". I grabbed a Hobbyboss 1/48 f8f-2 off the stash and the cogs in my brain started whirring. Before I knew it the wings and u/c from a Revell F-84 clicked into place and another kit grabbed from the the loft. I was up most of the night and just couldn't stop. Filled and plasticarded the fuselage bays, cut out and fitted a forward bay for tricycle u/c, cut and shaped the wings and hey presto...a Fossa.

Was going to call it the Binturong (real name of the Bearcat) but it doesn't roll. Keep thinking of Cohen's Lemur "They're just a bunch of pansies!".

Going to get some sleep now ;D.

sandiego89

keep it up....hope you hang lots of stuff on it- napalm, rockets, etc.
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Dizzyfugu

Nice idea. The wing span looks a bit large, or is it the perspective?
Reminds me a bit of a Dassault Ouragan?

Librarian

My camera drives me nuts :banghead:. Everything seems to come out bent, elongated etc. On the B-25 the 20mm seems to banana upwards in the photos. Update later ;D.

Librarian

Progress so far:

Normally I try to stay within the realms of as-real-as-possible but because of the aircraft's 2500hp engine and broad, strong wing she going to be toting some serious arnament ;).

nighthunter

Loving it! I'll be sure to make this one in Paint too, same white and gray scheme?

Also, have you seen my A-36J Apache? It would look sweet in your FAC scheme.
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

Librarian

Almost in tears right now 'cos I can't decide :unsure:. Natural metal or white above, gray below or gray above, white below or Marines Green. It's the only time I've ever been stumped. I trust your opinion so how about some ideas :thumbsup:.

nighthunter

*Bows* Thank you for your faith in me. Let me look at the T-28s of the Era as well as throw together some Ideas. Are we talking Marines, Navy or Air Force for it? What the heck, I'll do them all!

kerick

Sounds like some sort of group build potential here!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Librarian

I've got two or three more ideas to work through but my long standing interests in the whole SEA area leads me to try imagining a whole new world ;D. Do jets exist or are they unpopular, mostly ignored. In this what-if I'd like the Western world/Russia etc to be relatively peaceful...no major conflicts having occurred. Cold War aircraft not around etc.

Anyway, I'll keep at it as I'm thoroughly enjoying this :thumbsup:.

Dizzyfugu

Maybe an AP-2H wraparound paint scheme... :rolleyes:

Or some "Special Forces" paint scheme...?  :wacko:

Librarian

I do like the UH scheme. I'm trying very hard to adopt multi-shade camo but I find my psyche justs reacts badly :unsure:. Years ago I put together a 1/48 Invader using the Albatros sheet and resin nose, a really freaky African scheme. A bit like that UH.

nighthunter

Lib, don't do anything yet! I am working on the OA-8B (FA8F) Fossa in that UH scheme. Also, with a name like that, shouldn't it be in SAAF Markings, at least? :P Or Even Rhodesian?

Librarian

I'll hang fire. I'm exhausted today so not much done anyway. Kid's bike rides, park, cafe lunch etc :blink:. Look forward to the profile.