Submarine HMS Excelsior

Started by tigercat, August 08, 2013, 04:58:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigercat

In a slight deviation to the  my 5 year ship building plan I have decided to build myself a submarine.

I have been going through a bit of an axis phase and have been buying up Revell Schnellboot Flak to pilfer them for their AA armament as the way their moulded you get extra bits and pieces.

Anyway I have some extra hulls to play with and looking at them with the gap moulded for the torpedo tubes I'm thinking submarine . So the idea is to somhow take the bits and pieces and come out of the end of it with a submarine.

Having been perusing Maurice Cocker's book on British Submarines I 'm also tempted but the idea if a deck mounted torpedo tube for night attacks which was something they did or thought about doing for the ill fated K class.

Will have to see how it works out spacewise as i suspect it will be  a smallish submarine rather than something the size of Revell's GATO class.

Rheged

If it's a "one of a kind" build, name it in the same series as the  HTP powered "Ex" boats  Explorer and Excalibur----also known as Exploder and Excruciator.   Perhaps HMS Excelsior???
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

tigercat

Excellent suggestion , I was wondering to find a name as it wouldn't have fitted into a standard letter class.

tigercat

NARSES2

You'll have fun with that in the bath Tiger  ;D

I really do admire people who can come up with ideas like this and carry them through  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

tigercat

Any spider venturing into my bathtub is in for a nasty shock lol

nighthunter

"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*