Gustloffwerke, 1946

Started by slava_trudu, August 12, 2013, 05:09:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slava_trudu

My new display stand - diorama "Gustloffwerke (Lachs) REIMAHG". German underground weapons factory, Luftwaffe 1946 secret base (Walpersberg, Kahla, Thuringia)
1/72 scale, base size 205mmx305mm. All scratchbuild in 1/72 scale, figure CMK and Preiser, plane Blohm und Voss BV P.208 (resin kit from Planet Model).

More pics on my FB-page: https://www.facebook.com/slava.trudu/media_set?set=a.544454412283255.1073741881.100001561035760&type=1
or Flickr set: http://www.flickr.com/photos/slava_trudu/sets/72157633952503684/
best regards
Alexander
[aka slava-trudu]

perttime

Woooow .......
(speechless) .......

As an airplane enthusiast, I'm wondering if you have more photos of the Blohm und Voss BV P.208.

slava_trudu

best regards
Alexander
[aka slava-trudu]

perttime

Thank you!
It looks beatiful, convincing, like it means business, like it has been used....

Old Wombat

philp brought this to our attention in the "Whifs found on (Facebook?)" thread a few days ago.

Great to see it here in detail! Awesome work, Alexander! :bow:

:cheers:

Guy
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Hotte

deathjester

Geoff

PR19_Kit

GASP! Mere words cannot do it all justice! Amazing work.  :thumbsup: :bow:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

1.   :thumbsup:
2.   Were you a set builder/SFX expert for Gerry Anderson at all?
3.   This must win every category in the next Whiffies, surely?
4.   I think I might just give up this modelling lark - I'm not worthy!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

buzzbomb

comrade harps

Whatever.

Madoc

Alexander,

Excellent work!

I think you've posted your BV P.208 before and it's nice to see it again.  Your ability with metal foil finishes makes me weep when I look upon what I've done with them on my models!  Aside from the splendor of that rendering, I'm also quite impressed by the hangar backdrop.  The finish you achieved there is outstanding.  The realism of the concrete and weathering of the chipped paint effects are outstanding.  How did you get the concrete to look that way?  Oil washes?  Something else?  The various markings on the walls - are those painted on?  Stenciled?  They really ad to the effect.  What is the material you made the hangar out of?  Plasterboard?  Paper?  Plastic sheeting?

This is nicely inspiring work on your part.  Thank you for sharing it here.
Wherever you go, there you are!

PR19_Kit

I like the 'International Scale Standard' visible in a few of the piccies, a razor blade!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit