EF7F-4 Samcat

Started by Librarian, August 13, 2013, 02:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Librarian

Not much to report but first coat of paint is on....switched over to USAF scheme as the Marines green is bringing back bad memories of Japanese aircraft :-\.

I've shortened the canards, reasoning that a short length of fuselage with elevators at front would require less force and area to have effect. She'll probably have a couple of Shrikes but a profusion of ECM equipment.... ;D

NARSES2

Now that almost looks like a shot from a modern production line where they've used different coloured primers  :thumbsup: Don't think they use Tamiya tape though  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Librarian

Essentially complete, less armament. Varnishing in progress and a couple exploratory decals...should be complete tomorrow:

Too many ECM lumps and bumps :rolleyes:?

kerick

Needs a bunch of antenna of every description. This is very original, I love it!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Old Wombat

All-Weather COIN/COIN-ECM-Support - the more sensor & ECM bumps & antennae the better! :thumbsup:

:cheers:

Guy
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Librarian

Well she's finished. Lots of ECM, two shrikes and a HARM. A 20mm in the port root for self defence. I think the plan is she goes in with the A-25Ks etc to help jam and attack the increasingly powerful SAM threat. Heat seeker SAMs are another matter.... ;).

Got to take the family to the Costa Brava now so see you all in a coupla weeks with perhaps the Gunship ;D.

Old Wombat

Very nice! Very nice, indeed! :thumbsup:

:cheers:

Guy
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Logan Hartke

Just brilliant.  Real expert work.

Cheers,

Logan

PR19_Kit

Amazing, and such a fast build too!  :thumbsup: :bow:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

jsport

Captain Canada

Weird....cool, but weird !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Tophe

Delicious shame, confirmed on the finished model :wub:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Librarian

Another slight upgrade. Didn't like the vertical stabs so I've lowered them and added 20 and 40 shot flare tubes :

Army of One

Great stuff.....!!! Lovely build and finish..... :thumbsup:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!