Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: kitnut617 on February 14, 2020, 06:49:43 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on February 14, 2020, 06:01:16 AM
Quote from: Martin H on February 13, 2020, 02:30:54 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 08, 2020, 02:38:08 AM
An Italeri F-35 is about HALF that price!  :o

I just bought one last week.
I could be wrong. But ive heard they are the same kit?

You heard correctly. Just has Turkish AF markings

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/PM601?result-token=vs5TQ

Well that's a whiff-in-a-box right there, Turkey isn't getting them now --- The USA has pulled the plug on the deal.

No surprise there.  Too great a risk of them going head to head with the latest Russian gear in Syria.  And whatever the result of that confrontation Russia would learn more than the US would want them to.  And then there is the results of what Turkeys Russian built SAMs see when they fly past.

<edit>  There are four Turkish owned F35s being stored at Luke AFB in Arizona.  They were being used to train pilots.  These may be what the kit transfers represent.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kitnut617

Quote from: zenrat on February 15, 2020, 02:37:16 AM

Well that's a whiff-in-a-box right there, Turkey isn't getting them now --- The USA has pulled the plug on the deal.

No surprise there.  Too great a risk of them going head to head with the latest Russian gear in Syria.  And whatever the result of that confrontation Russia would learn more than the US would want them to.  And then there is the results of what Turkeys Russian built SAMs see when they fly past.

<edit>  There are four Turkish owned F35s being stored at Luke AFB in Arizona.  They were being used to train pilots.  These may be what the kit transfers represent.

The plug was pulled because Turkey went ahead and bought the latest Russian AA missile system, (S-400 or something like that), which would have Russian personnel operating/training them. The Pentagon didn't want Russians anywhere near the F-35's --- 
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

I can't see any logical reason why they cost so much.

Anyone who REALLY wanted a Whiffed Turkish AF F-35B would logically by an Italeri one at almost half the price, and source the Turkish decals elsewhere.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: kitnut617 on February 15, 2020, 07:35:00 AM
Quote from: zenrat on February 15, 2020, 02:37:16 AM

The plug was pulled because Turkey went ahead and bought the latest Russian AA missile system, (S-400 or something like that), which would have Russian personnel operating/training them. The Pentagon didn't want Russians anywhere near the F-35's --- 

Don't know why not.  I'm sure they already have full details of everything anyway...
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 15, 2020, 12:43:18 PM

Anyone who REALLY wanted a Whiffed Turkish AF F-35B would logically by an Italeri one at almost half the price, and source the Turkish decals elsewhere.

Not a whiff.  Training aircraft being "stored" for Turkey in the US.

https://www.blogbeforeflight.net/2019/06/us-grounds-turkish-f-35-pilots.html

https://asianmilitaryreview.com/2018/08/turkish-f-35-deal-in-doubt/
Fred

tahsin

The expense is no doubt meant for the fake roundels or it might have been acquired by the "New". The country has a dearth of plastic models, especially in these parts and they might have felt they could sell.

And they are hoping to get back in, they might have already delivered all the S-400 parts, too.

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 15, 2020, 12:43:18 PM

Decal sheets cost a fortune to print. Look at how cheap AZ/Special Hobby kits get when they sell excess mouldings off as 'Joypacks' et al without decals.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Quote from: Weaver on March 04, 2020, 12:03:50 AM

Decal sheets cost a fortune to print. Look at how cheap AZ/Special Hobby kits get when they sell excess mouldings off as 'Joypacks' et al without decals.

And, rather oddly I've often thought, completion of them can delay the release date of the finished kit considerably.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.