reppu...1943

Started by oz rb fan, August 25, 2013, 04:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oz rb fan

ive had this done for awhile...just never got around to uploading the pics :banghead:
Japanese intelligence informed the IJN that the Americans were close to getting the next generation of naval fighters into service ..so a rush was put on the A6M replacement(as well as a reengined Zeke...more on that over the next couple of months)so the a7m was bought forward flying in late 1942 and whilst down on power it was seen a major step up from the A6m and immediately ordered into production as the A7m1,with orders to also develop a more powerful version as soon as possible(also to be seen over the next few months).
as it was down on power the newly named reppu was given to land based units,and proved to be a major threat to the marines and navy corsair's and hellcats as well as proving capable of taking punishment that would have sent the A6m plummeting to earth.
after the initial shock of being faced with a large well armed and armored fighter the  allies had to change tactics,diving away from the reppu wasn't as easy option as it was with the A6m,but the weakness's would be quickly learned,the lack of power and much heavier weight would be the reppu's down fall once learned...but it would also save many pilots for the later battles of the war,and there experience would prove huge.
this model is Hiroyoshi Nishizawa's  own a7m1 operated at rabaul late in 1943.

http://s22.photobucket.com/user/ozrbfan/media/models/IMG_6388_zps1a62f768.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

the kit is the fine molds a7m1 built from the box,it's a nice model to build with good detail,i just hope the next 2 come out as well.

Dizzyfugu

Nice!  :thumbsup:

Could take some weathering, though, in order to emphasize details?

The Rat

Looking good!

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on August 25, 2013, 04:58:56 AM
Nice!  :thumbsup:

Could take some weathering, though, in order to emphasize details?

Nah, it just came off the production line.  ;D
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

NARSES2

Nice  :thumbsup: And I build mine clean as well, my excuse is the AOC's inspection due the following morning  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 25, 2013, 07:00:25 AM
Nice  :thumbsup: And I build mine clean as well, my excuse is the AOC's inspection due the following morning  ;)

I hope the erks painted the tyres.........  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit