1/72 RNZAF Gnat

Started by KiwiZac, August 26, 2013, 10:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiwiZac

Hi all,
Nice and easy: what if the Royal New Zealand Air Force replaced its DH Vampires with Folland Gnats rather than BAC Strikemasters?

This is the lovely new-tool Airfix kit (courtesy Ian the Kiwi Hunter Gatherer  :cheers:) with reissue Airfix Strikemaster decals.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Dizzyfugu

Now THAT's a nice idea, and looks great!  :thumbsup:

I recently shot an incomplete Matchbox Gnat (canopy missing, will probably recive a singe seater cockpit, maybe from an F-5?), and mine could also end up in a RNZAF variant. Got some leftover decals from an Airfix Strikemaster somewhere...

Spey_Phantom

great idea, love the camo  :thumbsup:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

What colors/tones did you use on the Gnat? Tamiya Acrylics?

lancer

You're away for gawd knows how long and you come back with this little gem?!?!?!?!? Nice one mate.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Geoff

Weaver

Looks great in those colours - well done!  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Mossie

Ah, that's where those Strikemaster decals went to!  Lovely job Zac, unusual to see a Gnat in battle dress and it looks good.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Glenn Gilbertson

That looks the business! :thumbsup:

Army of One

What a spanking little build......love the colour scheme...!!!
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Howard of Effingham

very plausible idea and a lovely model.  :cheers:
Keeper of George the Cat.

James

TallEng

Another Gnice Gnat :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
It ought to join the others in the Gnat theme build. http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/board,153.0.html
that link might get you there.

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks