McDonnell Douglas DC9-BJ

Started by PR19_Kit, August 30, 2013, 08:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

It does look rather nice

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

ericr

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 26, 2013, 02:03:53 AM
Hehehe, I LOVE those two ericr.  :thumbsup:

I've seen the Airbus A3 piccie before  and it's JUST about possible to build one from any of the Revell kits, but what do you with the bits left over?

the concept can be adapted to your favorite aircraft I guess ( that's the good thing about concepts: they can be adaptaed flexibly  ;) )

and concerning the bits left over, an image comes to my mind, shown elsewhere already : before the knot, it must have been extremely unreasonably long ...

I tried something like that with a 19mm diameter tube, in order to obtain a spiral ; I might try it with a knot ... ? ;D

ericr

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 01, 2013, 03:48:31 PM
The BJ's had it's second coat of primer and two coats of Halfords Appliance White plus a coat of Klear. I printed off all the special decals for it and I applied them all tonight. Results below.

I've got to do some NM leading edges and engine intakes and exhausts etc. plus sort out the landing gear, but it's well on the way now.

It looks very good!  :thumbsup: starngely credible, while weird.

but, err ..., aren't the wigns ...how should I say ... ... a bit in the shorty side?   :blink:

Army of One

Oh......I wasn't going to mention that......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: ericr on October 02, 2013, 11:24:26 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 01, 2013, 03:48:31 PM
The BJ's had it's second coat of primer and two coats of Halfords Appliance White plus a coat of Klear. I printed off all the special decals for it and I applied them all tonight. Results below.

I've got to do some NM leading edges and engine intakes and exhausts etc. plus sort out the landing gear, but it's well on the way now.

It looks very good!  :thumbsup: starngely credible, while weird.

but, err ..., aren't the wigns ...how should I say ... ... a bit in the shorty side?   :blink:

Hehehe, yes, very true, but they are the tailplanes left over from the DC9-60TW so they are as long as they come.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

The BJ's almost finished now. I've got the landing gear installed after LOTS of trouble and it sits correctly, at least to my eyes, and I've got the nose gear doors and the main gear door decals to add and then it's done.

Hopefully some final piccies tomorrow now I've got a new camera to replace my old one that died. The repair cost was quoted as over £250!!!!!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

ericr

Quote from: ericr on October 02, 2013, 11:22:05 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 26, 2013, 02:03:53 AM
Hehehe, I LOVE those two ericr.  :thumbsup:

I've seen the Airbus A3 piccie before  and it's JUST about possible to build one from any of the Revell kits, but what do you with the bits left over?

the concept can be adapted to your favorite aircraft I guess ( that's the good thing about concepts: they can be adaptaed flexibly  ;) )

and concerning the bits left over, an image comes to my mind, shown elsewhere already : before the knot, it must have been extremely unreasonably long ...

I tried something like that with a 19mm diameter tube, in order to obtain a spiral ; I might try it with a knot ... ? ;D

oops ... I couldn't resist ... I tried this little experiment  ;D

the relationship with thread is that, in order to obtain such a knot, you have to have a quite long fuselage in front of the wings, which can be done using the parts mentioned above.

NARSES2

Ericr - sheer genius, absolutely wonderfull  ;D ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Hehehe, that's amazing ericr!  ;D

What scale was the DC10 you started with, and how many of them did you use to make it long enough to 'knot it'?

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Just needs a forked tongue and some fangs ! Nice work

:tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

ericr

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 14, 2013, 08:04:55 AM
Hehehe, that's amazing ericr!  ;D

What scale was the DC10 you started with, and how many of them did you use to make it long enough to 'knot it'?

thanks for appreciation ! it certainly is a bit crazy  ;D

I used just one DC10 by Revell (ex-Matchbox) at 1:390, and some plastic tube (clear PVC, good for food containment, found at the gardening area of a local hardware shop) of 19mm diameter, which nearly exactly fits the fuselage.

The tube could be mentioned in the thread about  "More Found Objects Stuff", I think, because it is hardly expectable as a modelling material ... (although I have used in other projects as well ... hihihi  :wacko: )

PR19_Kit

And now we return your thread to normal service..........  ;D

I display for your delectation the DC9-BJ in all its miniscule glory. This job is DONE!

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

That is just too awesome ! Great job. I defo want to fly that one around my basement and see how she handles !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Gondor

That's a cracking build Kit  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Captain Canada on October 14, 2013, 10:49:28 AM
That is just too awesome ! Great job. I defo want to fly that one around my basement and see how she handles !

:cheers:

I think she may be a tad unstable in pitch Cap'n.  ;D

Regards
Kit