Quote from: Old Wombat on September 04, 2013, 08:08:40 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on September 04, 2013, 07:24:27 AM
Coming along well Dizzy
Quote from: Old Wombat on September 03, 2013, 09:31:14 AM
1/144th SE5A? Can you imagine trying to do the rigging on that! :blink:

Or, worse, an RE8? :o

:cheers:

Guy

Yup but people do  :banghead: :bow: As for the RE 8, the Airfix one still gives me nightmares. "Built" it as a kid in the late 50's/early 60's ? Getting the top wing to stay on with tube cement was  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Mind you the resulting glue strings probably looked like rigging. I have never been able to look at an RE 8 (real or model) face to face since. I think I have RE8typhopbia

Heh! I don't touch biplanes for the rigging alone (built a few as a kid, Camel, Swordfish, Gladiator, & a couple of other WW1 types I no longer recall, but never rigged them (9/10 year-old's don't in my experience :-\ )) but 1/144th is way out of my league now. Although my aircraft builds here have been 1/72nd, I'm moving to mostly 1/48th just so I can see the bl@@dy things! :banghead:

:cheers:

Guy

Guess you two won't be buying one of these anytime soon then?  :wacko:

http://www.brengun.cz/e-shop/1-144-construction-kits-18/airco-dh-2-stripdown-925

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Captain Canada

Had a Wellesley out of the built stash awhile back...think I was going to bash it up with a Skyraider ?

Edit : Found the pic from around '06  :thumbsup: Think I was going to re-wing the Skyraider....

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

Grey and green suit the Wellesley well! Mine has been painted, and yesterday the letters for the tactical code arrived, applied them en suite. It looks VERY good! Have to install some ASV radar antennae, though, but I might post some pics of the painted kit soon.

Librarian

Quote from: Captain Canada on September 04, 2013, 02:13:07 PM
Had a Wellesley out of the built stash awhile back...think I was going to bash it up with a Skyraider ?

Edit : Found the pic from around '06  :thumbsup: Think I was going to re-wing the Skyraider....

Great minds think alike...there goes my Super-Wellesley idea :banghead:. Agree with the scheme :thumbsup:.

Captain Canada

Oh yeah....that GR is looking wicked ! Great idea and execution ! Now I want to build one..... :drink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

Actually, the Wellesley is pretty addictive. This ugly thing has a lot of potential. One Idea I had is a shipborne torpedo bomber (mentioned above), then I had a vision or retro-grading one as a double-decker (e .g. with wings from a Walrus?), and I also could imagine one on skis, for an (ant)artic expedition, in silver with lots of red trim. OOB it's unsexy, but the options are very wide!  ;D

rickshaw

Mmm, shipborne torpedo bomber?  Dare I suggest shortened wings?   :wacko:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Dizzyfugu

Librarian

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on September 06, 2013, 04:18:15 AM
One Idea I had is a shipborne torpedo bomber (mentioned above),

Bang on....the B5N Kate bears a lot of similarity, especially in the wingspan.

The Rat

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on September 05, 2013, 11:41:10 PM
1:72 Vickers Wellesley GR Mk. IV; Royal Air Force Coastal Command (Whif/Matchbox kit conversion) - WiP by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

As the son of a Coastal Command Sunderland pilot, I almost had one of 'those' moments when I saw that picture. Knees are rather wobbly, cold shower might be a good idea about now.  :bow: :thumbsup:

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

rickshaw

Quote from: Librarian on September 06, 2013, 05:19:10 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on September 06, 2013, 04:18:15 AM
One Idea I had is a shipborne torpedo bomber (mentioned above),

Bang on....the B5N Kate bears a lot of similarity, especially in the wingspan.

It does rather resemble a Kate, doesn't it?
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.