How many Wellesleys are under way?

Started by Dizzyfugu, September 01, 2013, 11:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Thanks for the hangar photos Dave - lights they will be  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Retrofitted four Wellington-style landing lights under the wings of my Wellesley - I scratched them from sprue "caps" and just glue them into their respective places.

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 02, 2013, 03:00:56 AM
Every Whiffer needs at least one Wellesley in their hangar.  ;D

not me!

i have precisely zero wellesleys in my stash and am proud of that fact too!  ;D
Keeper of George the Cat.

Captain Canada

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on September 10, 2013, 04:20:55 AM
You will regret it!  ;)

Here ! Here !

:thumbsup:

Are you guys really doing an unofficial build ? Might be an excuse....I could rebuild mine. I had an extra one in the stash, but pretty sure I sent it across to a UK whiffer 10 or so years ago ! Time does fly....

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

Nah, I do not think that's even inofficial. But the Wellesley topic popped up suddenly, and several kits were/are in the making...

BTW: finished mine and took pics yesterday. Needs some editing, but I guess I might post everything tomorrow. Some very nice BW shots while the thing circles over a ship convoy, or glides over Gibraltar...  :cheers:

PR19_Kit

FABULOUS Thomas!

The Hercules engine and the Defiant turret fit as if they were designed for it, but the ASV aerials are the BUSINESS!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Thank you, Kit. IMHO, these BW pictures came out very well, I was positively surprised!

More and the "true story" behind the aircraft, now online here:

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,37647.0.html

:cheers:

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

pyro-manic

Yeah, that works. ;D

Quite fancy starting mine now, but I haven't really done much modelling at all this year, and I have so many projects on the bench already I really shouldn't until I clear a couple of those...
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

kitbasher

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on September 10, 2013, 04:08:59 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 02, 2013, 03:00:56 AM
Every Whiffer needs at least one Wellesley in their hangar.  ;D

not me!

i have precisely zero wellesleys in my stash and am proud of that fact too!  ;D

Pervert.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Army of One

Seeing some of the creations on here.....I'm beginning to get tempted.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!