How many Wellesleys are under way?

Started by Dizzyfugu, September 01, 2013, 11:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Oh my the Wellesley almost looks born for those TBF parts  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

The nearest I have got to one of these kits was seeing one that OGL got a hold of at Glasgow this weekend.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

Saw at least two at Southwell last week but managed to refrain from buying.

I wanted to whiff a Wellesley around 2000 - actually got it largely together and it's the one that Kitbasher received last year - but can't remember what I was going to do with it, although something far east *may* have been part of the plan.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

There is a saying about things turning up like bus's, never one around when you want one then three turn up at the same time. Well I just won two Wellesley's on ebay  :blink:

I probably paid over the odds for them but they were speculative bids a little higher than was being asked so I ended up with two and had my eyes on a third as back up.

Good job I am reading the Warpaint book on the Wellesley at the moment. I do rather fancy doing one in the Stone and Brown camouflage as a real work aircraft. Perhaps the second will be painted all over green the same as its predecessor the Heyford was.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

PR19_Kit

We should have a Wellesely theme at a show pretty soon, we'll have enough of them  before much longer.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on November 03, 2013, 02:00:19 PM
Good job I am reading the Warpaint book on the Wellesley at the moment. I do rather fancy doing one in the Stone and Brown camouflage as a real work aircraft. Perhaps the second will be painted all over green the same as its predecessor the Heyford was.

Gondor

That desert one was only recently pointed out to me  :thumbsup:

The idea of an overall green one with perhaps "B" type roundels is a superb idea  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

My B(PR)III is in the desert scheme, sand, brown and PRU Blue undersides. Makes me feel warm just looking at it.  ;D

I finally found an Aeroclub 4 bladed METAL prop for it, so no more broken blades!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 04, 2013, 06:57:22 AM
Quote from: Gondor on November 03, 2013, 02:00:19 PM

Gondor

That desert one was only recently pointed out to me  :thumbsup:

The idea of an overall green one with perhaps "B" type roundels is a superb idea  :bow:

Exactly what I will be doing and a lot of people will not know the colour scheme is not real for the aircraft.  ;D

Gondor

The Wooksta!

I'm tempted to join the Wellesley club after all - one in a desert scheme operating from Habania in '41 is tempting me.  Perhaps if I see a cheap one at Telford.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic