Main Menu

F-82"I"

Started by Ed S, September 12, 2013, 07:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed S

In the early 50's, the new Israeli Air Force was able to obtain some F-82 Twin Mustangs. Initially, they formed the bulk of their night/all weather interceptor force.  As they were replaced by jets, they were converted into ground attack fighters. The conversions were completed locally. All the radar equipment was deleted.  New tiptanks were added along with additional hard points under the wings.

The kit was the Monogram (now Revell) F-82E,F, G kit. Tiptanks were added using some 1/48 bombs from the spares box. New pylons were added. Additional rockets and bombs came from a second F-82 kit. The napalm tanks came from the spares box.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Captain Canada

Yowzers ! Nice one Ed ! Sure looks the part. Great selection of weapons. Love the yeller' tanks and the tip tanks really add to it as well. The camo looks perfect !

Great stuff

:banghead: :cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

McColm

Dizzyfugu

This is a VERY nice one! The Israeli colors suit her well, and great finish, too. Deserves a whiffy nomination!

PR19_Kit

Excellent stuff Ed, and you can imagine the IDF could have used some F-82s too.  :thumbsup: :bow:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

James

Love it! Certainly packs a punch.  :wacko:

Weaver

That looks great, and it's very plausible too. I particularly like the bomb tip-tanks.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

sandiego89

Great idea!  Like the load-out also.  Still have the 50 cals. in the center section I assume? 
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

kitnut617

I like that Ed  :thumbsup: very nicely done ----
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

TomZ

Looks very good  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

NARSES2

It does look a natural
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Joe C-P

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Modelling_Mushi

Classy build (as always) Ed.  :thumbsup:
Going to be finished in 2021 BEFORE I start any da*!#d new ones - CF-IDS Wolverine; Douglas Mawson; Bubba Wants a Fishin' Rig; NA F-100

Against the Wall - Maton Dreadnought; Fender Telecaster; Epiphone Les Paul Studio

Dizzyfugu

That inspires a twin-bodied Fw 190D-9...  :rolleyes: