Luftwaffe Douglas A-4, JaboG 41, 1983

Started by nönöbär, September 14, 2013, 07:35:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nönöbär

Douglas A-4

The Plane:

In 1965, the German military was looking for a light carrier based attack bomber which could be used on the Graf Zepplin carrier as a replacement for the ageing Seahawks. The first choice was the Douglas A-4, 32 aircraft were bought by the Bundesmaine and delivered until 1968.
The A-4 served on board the Graf Zeppelin until 1980 (normally, 8-12 planes were used on board) when the Graf Zeppelin had to be put out of service after a total engine breakdown.
As there was no replacement for the carrier, the 28 remaining A-4 (4 were lost in the 12 years of service) were transferred to the Luftwaffe, to be used as light ground attack aircraft. They were used by the JaboG 41 in Huseum together with the Alpha Jet. When the JaboG 41 was liquidated in 1993, the A-4s were sold do Malaysia.

The model shows a A-4 with two Bullpup missles during its usage at the JaboG 41 in 1983.

The Model:
It's a 1:72 scale Matchbox kit form the mid 70s. Build out-of-the box, it was painted in Luftwaffe color scheme of the 1980s. The decals are from a Alphajet of the JaboG 41.
Daily updates from my engineer: https://twitter.com/Scratchbr1

--------------------
German Naval History               : www.german-navy.de
Bärenreisen                             : www.barenurlaub.de

Spey_Phantom

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

NARSES2

Quote from: Nils on September 14, 2013, 08:37:29 AM
love it, excellent work  :thumbsup:

It is nice and would have worked well in German service  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

sandiego89

Nice, now we need one as delivered for the Graf Zepplin! 
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

nönöbär

Quote from: sandiego89 on September 15, 2013, 02:39:22 PM
Nice, now we need one as delivered for the Graf Zepplin! 

It's on my to-do list.... :)
Daily updates from my engineer: https://twitter.com/Scratchbr1

--------------------
German Naval History               : www.german-navy.de
Bärenreisen                             : www.barenurlaub.de

SPINNERS

Captain Canada

Looks great ! Love the subtle camo colours. And everything looks good in the iron cross !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?