photo recce could have been

Started by kitbasher, September 15, 2013, 09:37:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

Veeeeery interesting but is it a real proposal or an excellent Whiff? I've read every book there is on Cotton and his merry band but I've never seen anything about the P.D.U1 before.

It does look as if it was a Heston design, and pretty practical as well but I have doubts about the camera positioning and the lack of wingspan too, but then I would, wouldn't I?  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

After what the Aussies did to my PR19 story I'm EXTREMELY suspicious of such sources......  ;D :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 15, 2013, 02:07:56 PM
After what the Aussies did to my PR19 story I'm EXTREMELY suspicious of such sources......  ;D :lol:

What, 'cause we built our own?:

;D ;D
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

jcf

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 15, 2013, 10:52:20 AM
Veeeeery interesting but is it a real proposal or an excellent Whiff? I've read every book there is on Cotton and his merry band but I've never seen anything about the P.D.U1 before.

It does look as if it was a Heston design, and pretty practical as well but I have doubts about the camera positioning and the lack of wingspan too, but then I would, wouldn't I?  ;D

On page 1: "The first two pages of this article are fact, the third page is a 'what if' scenario".

;D

PR19_Kit

Quote from: rickshaw on September 15, 2013, 06:34:59 PM

No, because someone in Oz posted my story on the net but WITHOUT the bit about it being a model at the end. From that 'mistake' all the chaos derived.  ;D

Regards
Kit

Mr.Creak

Among other things it led to the PR19 being credited with causing UFO sightings!
I came across an Aussie web page that claimed that a number of supposed "flying saucer" reports were more more likely to have been PR19s operating clandestinely.  :banghead:
What if... I had a brain?

rickshaw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 16, 2013, 12:23:03 AM
Quote from: rickshaw on September 15, 2013, 06:34:59 PM

No, because someone in Oz posted my story on the net but WITHOUT the bit about it being a model at the end. From that 'mistake' all the chaos derived.  ;D

Ah, I see why you're wrathful then.  Silly buggers.  ;)
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.