Biggles FROG percival Proctor floatplane.

Started by CSMO, September 18, 2013, 09:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CSMO

Inspired by Lindbergh's Lockheed Sirius and Milton Caniff's Steve Canyon. Biggles post-war spent a time as a soldier-of-fortune and adventurer in  some of the world's far corners. He needed a tough seaplane to haul himself, his girlfriend, batman, and mechanic around in.

This is a $4.00 Novo repop. The floats are from an Airfix Beaver. The struts are 40 year-old Contrail stock. The 4th seat and three-bladed prop came from the scrap-box. The auxiliary fin is part of a Toko Salamander fin/rudder. The paint is brush-painted Testors Dark Red and Silver with a home-mixed Ivory made from Tamiya Buff and Gloss White. The G-BGLS registration is code letters from a couple of old Stoppel sheets. The fuselage flash is Scalemaster stripe decal. A whole lot of fun on the cheap. I like it. Adios, Larry.

"Field Artillery brings dignity to what otherwise would be merely a vulgar brawl."

Cobra

Superb Job :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: You did an Excellent Paint and Decal Job on the Aircraft ;) Hope to see more Superb Works from You :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Dan

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

lancer

If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Captain Canada

I like it too ! One of those aeros that just looks right...and one I want to pick up and fly around the room !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

ericr

Quote from: CSMO on September 18, 2013, 09:27:41 PM
A whole lot of fun on the cheap. I like it.

well done! A lovely floatplanization!

it's a pleasure indeed to play around with cheap kits. I have 40+ of PM's F-5A, I don't know yet what I will do with them
(or to them)

Glenn

And I thought I was the only mad one here building TinTin aircraft....Beau-ti-ful!
Glenn

kitbasher

Very nice  :thumbsup:.  I built a FROG/NOVO Proctor years ago (still have it) and it's a really nice kit (simple, no gimmicks, typical FROG) of a rather pretty aeroplane.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

I flew in a Proctor once, and it was very nice from the inside too. The pilot, an RAF Flt. Lt., thought it was '.....an excellent trainer and we should have more of them....'.

His comments on the Proctor's big brother, the Prentice, had better remain un-recorded in such an august gathering as we have here, as they were pretty unprintable!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

VickersVandal

Nice one! I like it muchly.

That must have been his holiday/weekend Proctor for when he wasn't using the Special Air Police Proctor for detective work  ;D

Biggles modelling loony.

My Biggles Model display website: https://tinyurl.com/y74ydzae