Axis of Time - HMS Trident Trimaran Stealth Destroyer - Finished

Started by buzzbomb, September 21, 2013, 01:06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzzbomb

Love the John Birmingham Axis of Time Trilogy books.. alternate future whiffer fodder galore.
Previously done a couple of other models based on craft in those books.. time for my favourite Ship
HMS Trident - Trimaran Stealth  Destroyer.
So armed with a cheapo 1/700 ship from a swap and sell as the main hull basis.. away we go

The ship is described as havinga sleek superstructure so a bit of card bashing. A couple of $8 1/1250 ships had to be sacrificed as well.. because.. I am lazy and I want full hulls as the book describes it having three engines to give it the 100 knot speed it can achieve.

Working on the hangars.. gotta have choppers.

This will either work or not.
It is my first ship conversion/scratchbuild.. heck.. I count the number of ships I have done on a woodchoppers left hand.

NARSES2

If this is your first ship conversion/scratch it's going really well  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

That's a fascinating idea, and your modelling looks first class so far.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

crudebuteffective

Remember, if the reality police ask you haven't seen us in ages!
When does "old enough to know better" kick in?

Cobra

This is Starting to Look Cool! Hope to see more,This ship Looks like it would have Come from and Episode of Thunderbirds or Captain scarlet! Keep up the Superb Work :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Dan

darthspud

Them's the books I based my WWII Eurofighter back story on. Quality Boys own reading and scarily believable.
too old for a paper round, too young for me pensions, dammit, back to work then!

nönöbär

I liked the books, so I can't wait to see how this one will look like!  :thumbsup:
Daily updates from my engineer: https://twitter.com/Scratchbr1

--------------------
German Naval History               : www.german-navy.de
Bärenreisen                             : www.barenurlaub.de

Captain Canada

Nice one ! Love the double hangars. Every boat needs an air wing !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

lancer

Good work so far, looking forward to the rest of the build
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

silverwindblade

I'll look forward to seeing how this turns out. I loved the books, and Capt. Halabi was one of the best characters, in my opinion. Trident is a brilliant ship too, so I'll be watching to see how your take on her develops!
Amidst the blue skies, a link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector...
Gordon's Alive, a Podcast I host. Check us out!

buzzbomb

Small Update.. I get easily sidetracked with other projects
First up.. thanks all.
Whilst I am tinkering with hulls and filling, sanding, repeat.. I am working on the base.
So my plan is to use some Gel Medium for the sea base.. because I reckon, ships on stands just look stoopid.
So first up mask out where the ship will be and cut that out

Base test .. some work has also been done on the for'ard deck missile bays as well.. woo hoo.. progress

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Army of One

Liking this.....May have to look that book up as well...... :thumbsup:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Joe C-P

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Captain Canada

The shape of that thing is just awesome...imagine seeing that coming over the horizon !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?