Axis of Time - HMS Trident Trimaran Stealth Destroyer - Finished

Started by buzzbomb, September 21, 2013, 01:06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Quote from: Captain Canada on October 22, 2013, 11:32:02 AM
The shape of that thing is just awesome...imagine seeing that coming over the horizon !

:wub:

It's stealth so would you see it coming over the horizon?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on October 22, 2013, 12:17:29 PM
The shape of that thing is just awesome...imagine seeing that coming over the horizon !

It's stealth so would you see it coming over the horizon?

Gondor

You'd see it but your sensors would be telling you there was nothing there. Interesting discussion between an old hand and a young recruit ?

"Enemy ship two points off the starboard bow"

"No there isn't, it's not showing up on my screen"

"Well it's on my Mk 1 eyeball" !
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Or better: not!

Interesting build - curious about the paint scheme! Simple all grey, or something more entertaining (e. g. a splinter scheme, like Finnish coastal ships)?

buzzbomb

Yes coming along.. small update. But small update is better than no update  :banghead:
Ok.. I have fitted some etch (uurgghh! and I though 1/35 was tiny) for sensor arrays and some of the railing an doors.
Then some detail parts like the metal storm turrets in the outriggers and Laser packs, which still need to be detailed a bit.

So far I have not given much thought to colour.. whilst i really do like the Grimsby class scheme.. I am thinking .. not so much.
What is the point of a stealth ship if you have to camouflage it.. and if you are close enough to see a camouflaged painted ship.. that appears to me to be too close.. and much to late!!

so next is probably painting stage and fitting stuff like the last of the railings.

buzzbomb

Close to the finished call.
Ok.. more practice needed on etch rails.. these are.. well ... ordinary.
I got some 1/700 Merlin Helos at SMW2013, which was nice.

So there she is.. less base nameplate..

HMS Trident under Captain Karen Halabi, English Channel 1942 (Ex Combined Fleet UNPROFOR 2020)

TallEng

That's a brilliant build  :thumbsup:
Lovely subtle weathering, and the Sea...... That's just awesome :bow:

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Steel Penguin

the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

philp

Awesome job.

I have been thinking of doing something slightly different, taking a 1/350th (probably) USS Independence and converting it to a 72nd scale pleasure yacht.
Who knows, maybe someday I will.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

deathjester

Wonderful work mate - so realistic !!  :thumbsup: Easily one of the nicest ship models I've seen this year!

Captain Canada

Can't believe I almost missed the finish of this little beauty ! Great job....looks perfect. Neat to see such a large vessel that actually looks small and fast !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Joe C-P

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.