exhibition of collection of seaplane models in red-yellow-blue

Started by ericr, September 21, 2013, 07:36:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericr

Dear whiffers,

here are a few pictures from my collection of seaplane models, which I present in an exhibition which is a "collection of collections", where all sort of things can be seen (beer bottles, giraffe objects, plastic ducks, post stamps, etc). It is shown in containers with windows, in a center park of the city of Grenoble, France.

My collection consists of a few hundreds of seaplane models, painted in either red, yellow or blue (because I like those colors); some of them are fictitious i.e., what-if seaplane versions of planes that weren't.

So it might contribute to the diffusion of the what-if concept ...

Best,

Eric

PR19_Kit

Now that is AMAZING ericr!  :thumbsup: :bow:

Well done, I'm wholly impressed that your work is open to public view like that.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TallEng

Most impressive :thumbsup:
And if there's ever a world shortage of floats, we'll know where to go ;D

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

BRAVO!! C'est formidable!..........I am profoundly impressed.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Weaver

Excellent - I like models-as-art stuff like this. Well done! :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Army of One

Some amazing creations in that collection......great stuff.....!!!!!
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

ericr

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 21, 2013, 07:40:20 AM
Now that is AMAZING ericr!  :thumbsup: :bow:

Well done, I'm wholly impressed that your work is open to public view like that.

thanks a lot!

it was really an opportunity : they were looking for collections, preferably pittoresque ones, so I thought I would propose mine  ;D

Sometimes I wonder if it were possible to show them at a modeling exhibition, but i'm not sure about reception of the more classical public in such events  :unsure: I hope they would appreciate it as an unexpected variant of aircraft modeling, but it might require some sense of humour too  :-\

ericr

Quote from: TallEng on September 21, 2013, 08:13:49 AM
Most impressive :thumbsup:
And if there's ever a world shortage of floats, we'll know where to go ;D

Regards
Keith

thanxalot  :cheers:

there was a time when I bought Aeroclub's vacformed floats : 11 pairs at a time ... and stuck them on every plane I fancied.
But now apparently they can not be found any more?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: ericr on September 23, 2013, 01:42:57 PM

there was a time when I bought Aeroclub's vacformed floats : 11 pairs at a time ... and stuck them on every plane I fancied.
But now apparently they can not be found any more?

I wish! I have the remains of one set and I've not seen any for years! Perhaps we should ask John Adams what he's done with the moulds when we see him at Telford this year.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ericr

Quote from: Captain Canada on September 21, 2013, 09:01:40 PM
That is wild ! Lots of interesting aeroplanes in there

:tornado:

quite a few of them are a bit wildly whiffed!  ;)

for example that one, the Ju 287 :

ericr

Quote from: Weaver on September 22, 2013, 12:19:25 PM
Excellent - I like models-as-art stuff like this. Well done! :thumbsup:

I like it too, I am still looking for references and links to models-as-art, as in this thread :
http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,36352.0.html

I really feel that there is a lot of fun to have there, and the imaginary and creative dimensions should fit the Whiffing spirit  ;D

ericr

The collection of collections moved from the central city park to the university campus : so I changed a bit the presentation, as well as the selection of shown planes: one wall of each color, simply.