Messerschmitt Me 609 now finished!!!

Started by matrixone, September 30, 2013, 03:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

Here is the 1/72 scale Huma Me 609 I recently finished.

This model was painted free handed with Model Master enamels shot through my Iwata Revolution BR airbrush.

The kits decals were rubbish so I used decals from my spares box, otherwise the kit was built SFTB.

As can be seen in these pictures the landing gear is really funny looking with the main wheels set further in than the nose wheels...I suppose it might have worked but does look strange to me. :o

The pic below shows the last thing many B-29 crews had seen before being shot down...

Matrixone

Captain Canada

Nice work !  Love the camo and colours. Funny looking aero tho.....I kept scrolling down, thinking there would be an angle that made it look good to me !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

matrixone

Thanks Captain Canada,
From ground level there is no viewpoint where this thing looks good, its ugly no matter how you look at it. ;)

Matrixone

Ed S

Nice one.  Definitely a strange looking bird with that LG arrangement. I suppose that it would probably look a lot better in flight with the gear up.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Weaver

Good looking model and great photography as usual. :thumbsup:

Definately some odd layout choices there arn't there? I'd have thought it better to put the main gear outboard of the fuselages and have it retract outwards, leaving the center wing section clear for a concentrated battery of guns (some of them prop-synchronised, of course)..
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

I'm with Weaver 100% on that. Super model and WONDERFUL photography there Matrixone.  :thumbsup: :bow:

But it must have been designed by a committee, one that sat every 6 months perhaps and even then disagreed on every point of conflict.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

dumaniac

get away Matrixone ! - none of your stuff is ugly - you want to see ugly, go look on my hobby desk

nice build - interesting concept - lovely paint and decals

very nice indeed

SPINNERS

Very impressive and I just love the painted swirl on the spinners. Well done!

McColm

NARSES2

Lovely model complemented by stunning photography, what more could you want ?  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Hotte

matrixone

Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

I agree with Weaver too, the main landing gear should have been on the outside of the fuselages instead of the inside wing section. One thing is certain though, this landing gear setup would still have been better than the standard Bf 109 fighter. ;)

Matrixone

lancer

Absolutely brilliant as usual Matrix. Gotta agree with everyone though, i5t is a wierd u/c arrangement, but it looks interesting though
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Glenn Gilbertson

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 01, 2013, 07:37:41 AM
Lovely model complemented by stunning photography, what more could you want ?  :bow:
I'll echo that! Well done again. :bow:

matrixone

Thanks for looking lancer and Glenn!

Matrixone