Its a Mauser, Jim. Just not as we know it

Started by scooter, October 02, 2013, 02:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooter

So, how does one spend their enforced, unpaid vacation because of politics?

By turning this, a Denix Mauser C96:

Into this, a Mauser C96P "Sporting Phaser":

By using a bit of copper pipe, a sprinkler hose punch, an IKEA bookshelf wall anchor, some brass stock and Picatinny rails:

I did change out the rear screw on the body rail, so it now sits flush in the rail

And yes, that's a real (or at least a very authentic Chinese knock off) Eotech sight on top

All it needs is a little touch up, a couple of greebles, some matt varnish and an appropriate drop leg holster for cosplay
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Captain Canada

Sweet ! Had me confused with the pics there for a second.....

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

scooter

The "before", "after", and "midstage" pics.  :cheers:  Why that way? Because I'm insane... :wacko:
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

scooter

Quote from: Weaver on October 02, 2013, 05:52:01 PM
Nice one!

You may find this interesting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sCReGjfZ_A

That's what gave me the impetus, Weaver.  I figured I could do similar, yet different with stuff either on hand, or locally available.  The Mauser, rails and sight were sourced off of Amazon; the copper pipe, nuts, screws, and tubing punch were from Home Depot; and the IKEA wall bracket and brass stock were on hand. 

Not having Adam Savage's workshop handy, I used tools from work on my last "official" day off, before the sudden furlough on Tuesday.  A hacksaw to the barrel, drilled out and tapped the holes in the pistol frame and the outer two on the sight bracket while drilling out the middle two large enough for a countersink.  They help stabilize the sight on the pistol, because I screwed up and forgot to measure with two wall brackets in place on the body rail.  The copper pipe, "flash suprressor" are CA'd to the barrel and each other, wall bracket to the rail.

One rattle can of generic gloss black, a bit of ultra flat tan for primer, and Tamiya rattle can gloss aluminum.  I do plan to find something clear, and suitable for the muzzle itself.  To be painted transparent red and silver to close off the muzzle assembly entirely
Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

nighthunter

"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

scooter

Nope, started out as a Denix C96, nonfunctional replica
Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

nighthunter

Where can I find one of those? I have plans for a Custom BlasTech DL-44 LOL
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

scooter

I got it through Amazon. Just sear Mauser Broomhandle
Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx