Airbus A319:RMDF mini tanker....

Started by Army of One, October 08, 2013, 02:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Army of One

Something I have been working on over last few weeks....I have had a bit of help from Kit with the decals....

The kit was given to me by a mate at work....revell 1/144....some lovely surface detail/panel lines.
I don't have a back story as I'm not that good at it....but if I were to have a go it would be along the lines of ' After the Maltese struck oil they faced aggression from neighbours south of them.....they needed to increase their armed forces. This took a number of different directions...one being the need to acquire a tanker force in order to refuel the new additions to its airforce.  The aircraft (3) were aquired from an airline 2nd hand....Malta did not have the capability to fully upgrade the a/c themselves. They had help but the source has not been disclosed (believed to be Israel....) The a/c here is a pure tanker...

The great stripe down the side and the logo and national markings were made n supplied by Kit...awesome job as well.....I made the pylons out of plastic card and the pods put of 1/72 bombs....there will be lines and baskets added...
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Captain Canada

Nice work so far ! She really looks good in a quasi-military scheme. Well, I guess it's all military with some colourful markings, but you know what I mean ! Nice detail work on the pods. I have a 320 or 321 in the stash, defo a beauty little kit ! Always nice to get a couple extra engines tossed in there as well eh !?

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

McColm

Army of One

Thanks very much......Cap'n C, yes it is but are to what I'll do with them...... :unsure:....I'll be posting some more pics this morning hopefully.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Army of One

Some more pics....nearly finished....there are so many decals....I'll be leaving some of them off...

BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Spey_Phantom

very nice build, i always loved the idea of using A320's or B737's as small tactical tankers  :thumbsup:
what type of fighters does Malta fly?
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

lancer

WOW!!! That is one sweet looking tanker !!!!  Bloody nice work H..
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Army of One

Nils.....I gotta see what I got in the stash....I got an Su25 (done a maltese one in 1/72), got some Tornado GR1's which will prob be Maltese....trying to stay away from American a/c.....got an Alpha jet and a Kfir....got a few others in the loft but not sure what....I'd love an ex RAF Jaguar an some Hawks...pref 100's but could alter a normal trainer version......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Army of One

Quote from: lancer on October 09, 2013, 01:42:30 PM
WOW!!! That is one sweet looking tanker !!!!  Bloody nice work H..

Thanks very much but I think it only really looks as good as it does due to Kits awesome decals that he made/supplied for nowt.....and wouldn't even accept the airliner decals I wouldn't use from the kit.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

PR19_Kit

Aw, shucks Hank, I enjoyed doing it, but thanks all the same.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Army of One

Kit, it's very much appreciated.....model wouldn't have been made without them......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

That does look good mate  :thumbsup:

Now I take it that in your world when Malta got it's independence they stayed as a Monarchy with Liz as Queen, whence the RMDF ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Army of One

BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Captain Canada

Perfect ! Can't wait to see him with his little buddies....

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Army of One

The tanker is nearly finished....gotta think of a way of replicating the hose, I'm thinking of something like solder.....or thin black insulated wire....it has to be slightly moveable so I can pose different 'thirsty little jets' behind it....any ideas greatly appreciated.....and yes, I've thought about different height stands.....

Hope you like......I got a few other thirsty little jets to be made as well...
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!