Airbus A319:RMDF mini tanker....

Started by Army of One, October 08, 2013, 02:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Army of One

Kit......for display purposes.....does the distance look ok....?? I've looked at some pics and it don't seem to far off.......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Hobbes

Quote from: Army of One on October 20, 2013, 01:05:37 PM
The tanker is nearly finished....gotta think of a way of replicating the hose, I'm thinking of something like solder.....or thin black insulated wire....it has to be slightly moveable so I can pose different 'thirsty little jets' behind it....any ideas greatly appreciated.....and yes, I've thought about different height stands.....

I used thin styrene rod (0.25 mm) for my tanker build: http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,19922.0.html

Army of One

Hobbes.....that is awesome.....!!!!  :thumbsup: :bow:......I intend to display the models on separate bases (Gameswork shop low flying bases) so that I can pose various a/c behind it. A question though Hobbes....what did you use for the hose....?? Cheers.....H
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Hobbes

I used thin styrene rod (0.25 mm) for the hoses. I inserted a small blob of Blu-tac into the back of the hose dispensers, so I can insert the rod into that and remove it as necessary.

Army of One

Aha.....!! That seems so simple....!! Never even thought of that....it would make transportation easier...cheers  :cheers: many thanks....H
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Army of One on October 20, 2013, 03:28:52 PM
Kit......for display purposes.....does the distance look ok....?? I've looked at some pics and it don't seem to far off.......

Looks OK to me, hose lengths vary depending on the size of the tanker as far as I can see.

The USN KA-6s have STUPIDLY short hoses so that the receivers are almost underneath the tanker's tail when they are on the hose. On the  other hand the USAF KC-10s, the RAF Tri-Stars and VC10s all have quite long hoses. I guess it's something to do with the size of the tanker's wake.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Army of One

Kit....cheers, I have looked at Hobbes link and I think I'm happy with the distance...
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Looking good !

I would use plastic coated brass electrical wire....easy to come by, and easily shapeable yet will hold its form. drill a hole to accept it into your pod ( side it in as far as you can ), then slide it out and use Hobbes Bluc tac idea to attach it to the probe.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Army of One

Cheers Cap'n C.....the 'pods' are hollow...I was gonna fill them with blue tac and then poke the wire in....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!