marvel sheild C-17x "The Bus"

Started by lenny100, October 13, 2013, 12:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

A mind bogglingly complex and clever build.

But quite how the 'designers' expected the aft engine to work in level flight I have no idea. Maybe they didn't and were only meant to work in the VTOL mode?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Teddz

Makes some sense actually since in one of the scenes in the show, someone get's sucked out of a hole blasted in the side just forward of the rear engine and instead of him getting sucked in and turned into hamburger, he hits along the side of the engine and away he goes. If that thing were on, he would have had a bad day. On the other hand, showing someone get sucked into an engine mid-flight and spit out the back doesn't make for good family TV.

jsport

Teddz

Quote from: Flyer on July 03, 2014, 08:38:50 AM
I havn't watched this show yet, but I'm going to after seeing this. The very idea of a VTOL C-17 sounds great. The model is fantastic. :thumbsup:

Thnks... just be careful... while researching for the bus, I watched every episode several times over. I started to think like the SHIELD scientists... one example is the on switch. I could have just gone with a standard on/of slider or toggle switch. No, instead, the nerd in me took over and opted for a touch sensitive on switch that's timed to go off. I used 2 555 timer chips for the board inside the plane and one 555 timer chip for the on switch. Here's a youtube clip of it workin... this was after I had worked it all out. My first ever.  :wub:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpNll31FmM0

Diamondback

Teddz, you the guy who was asking over at the AOS Wiki? I'm the guy who linked the thread, and posted the engine math a ways back. :)

Teddz

no, I'm not the guy who asked over at the AOS wiki, but I did answer and hopefully helped the guy out a bit with his build. It's a bit of a PITA to be honest...  :lol:

Diamondback

Quote from: Teddz on July 03, 2014, 11:15:16 AMIt's a bit of a PITA to be honest...  :lol:
I bet--I'm having enough problems just trying to bash an F-15 into a mixed NF-15B ACTIVE front-half/Silent Eagle back-half. LOL

lenny100

my build hit a big stumbeling block, a bad day and a big hammer in the back of a rubish truck, had a crate of stuff next to my shed mostly half builds etc, as i sorted out my stuff in the shed were i do most of my sprat painting, and somebody decided it was funny to remove the crate and put it next to the bins awating emptying, so its gone........
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

Diamondback

Lenny, I hope that person has been swiftly and summarily invited to remove themselves from your household... :(

lenny100

Quote from: Diamondback on July 08, 2014, 02:53:12 PM
Lenny, I hope that person has been swiftly and summarily invited to remove themselves from your household... :(
wasnt from my hosehold, my shed is next to my back wall which is only 4 foot high, and i know i shouldnt of left it their but the misses does make a good cuppa

the biggest loss was a 1/48 tsr2 which i was slowly makeing which had ALL the czech master upgrade kits and was about 80% done
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

Teddz

That's just tragic man. I was hoping you had finished it up and it was on a shelf somewhere lookin pretty.

I have a standing rule, absolutely nothing is to be touched where I have something going on. NOTHING. Not even a cleaning. I'm the only one allowed anywhere near my workstation. Want something, ask for it. Want it cleaned? Forget it. It's my area, stay away, it doesn't exist for you. I even have my dogs trained not to eat anything off the floor. They just sniff it and leave it alone.

Also helps that I'm single and have more than enough room to dedicate 98 m2 to my design/model/prop studio.

I have yet to find a woman that will leave me alone long enough for me to be productive before all the "let's go out", "why are you watching star wars/buck rogers/Agents of SHIELD/Spaceballs again, and don't say 'it's for work'?", "what's that smell?(paint/glue/resins/etc.)", or my all time favorite "why are you playing with toys?" (which is usually when I break out with the 80's Toys R us theme song) starts up and just escalates to nagging I just don't have time for.

My plan for the next 5 years are as follows:
- 3 more models of the Bus as they are on Coulson's desk - in flight - already sold.
- Studio Scale & Half studio scale Buck Rogers Thunderfighter, HBB Starfighter, Warhawk and the MKIII starfighter. *
- Studio Scale Victory II Class Imperial Star Destroyer & later on a 1/2 studio scale. *
- Either studio scale or 1/2 studio scale X-wing, Tie Fighter, Tie Interceptor, B-Wing, Y-Wing, AT-AT, AT-ST *
* I might possibly make very limited kits of these models if there is enough interest.

Now, with all that work that studio scale models require, and then making everything else, relationship??? I ain't got no time for that. Got models to make.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: lenny100 on July 08, 2014, 02:51:44 PM
..... and somebody decided it was funny to remove the crate and put it next to the bins awating emptying, so its gone........

That's a HANGING offence!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 08, 2014, 05:17:39 PM
Quote from: lenny100 on July 08, 2014, 02:51:44 PM
..... and somebody decided it was funny to remove the crate and put it next to the bins awating emptying, so its gone........

That's a HANGING offence!  :o

If they're lucky & I'm feeling all fluffy-duck! :wacko:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Teddz

It's been a while since the last update... I've been very busy with several projects including building my own CNC router and CNC laser cutter/engraver. Anyway, I'm finishing up the Bus for a IPMS-Hellas show this October.... Here's what's transpired...

One of the last modifications was the addition of the hump.  I've cut the section away at the panel line and kept the arch for the cockpit glass, also to keep things where they're supposed to be.

First attempt at getting the height, I glued 2mm styrene strip but it was too much and made it look strange.

The angle was all wrong, so I removed the 2mm and put in 1.4 mm strip. Cut a couple of reliefs into the top and heated them until I got it where I wanted. Looks much nicer. Ugly, but nicer.

Next on the hump, was the skylight for Coulson's office. This little thing took me all day, literally 8-fun-filled-exiplative-laden hours to complete. I had only one shot to get it right and kept checking and rechecking against the screen caps I had because failure at this point would be very bad (no spare fuselage to cut up). I went very slow when cutting too. That square hole by the wing is an access point so I can drill into the LED and attach the Fiber Optics for the office.

all cut out... I can relax.

Since it's going to get 'frosted glass' it needs a backing...

One of the 3 fiber optic strands in the office.

Now that the office is done and in place, top section attached, time to close it up.

The area of the hump just aft of the office is too flat. Millitput to the rescue!!

Still needs a bit of work, but it's looking good.

And let's not forget to plug it in as see it all lit up.

So that's where she's at...

PR19_Kit

Blimey, that's a tour de force and no mistake!  :o :thumbsup: :bow:

Regards
Kit